X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cinema bob
    • Apr 2005

Halo with Sonus Faber??

Would a parasound amps and pre be a good match for Sonus Faber ?

It would be in a Home theater that is probably 80/20 movies/music.

the setup would be:
    Halo C2 pre/pro
    halo A21 for the center and surrounds
    Halo A52 for the mains

speakers would be:
    Grand Piano Domus mains
    center domus and wall domus

If they are not good matches what would you recommend?

I listen to jazz (brubeck, monk, etc) some classic rock (beatles, zep) and some modern acoustic stuff. the films run the gamut but are mostly drama and some vintage horror.
  • cinema bob
    • Apr 2005

Nobody has ever heard these two together?

Ok easier question, I have heard that Parasound is slightly on the brighter side of the brighter/warmer spectrum, in your opinion is this true? The sonus Fabers are on the warmer side and this is why I thought they would be a good match. Classé is the one I see the most recommended for use with the Domus speakers. I was just wondering if the Parasounds might be a good choice as well

Comment

• Zoran
      • Apr 2005

I own the Halo A21 power for several years - never felt it goes towards brighter side of spectrum. I would even describe this amp as a bit lush and "meaty" in mids, which is somewhat closer to the warmer half of the ball...

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

difficult to guess, not having heard either, I am not in a position to say, these things really need to be demo'd together, pick one you are in love with, buy it, then demo the other I think... IF it's not right, then demo something else. Not always easy. Or if you can get hte sound close, maybe I could help you dial it in with cables.
        Doug
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I agree, I wouldn't call any Parasound gear on the "bright" side, much less Halo gear. Quite balanced, but if I had to pick a side it'd be "warm".
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• cinema bob
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Lex
            Or if you can get hte sound close, maybe I could help you dial it in with cables.
            Doug
            I was already planning on that :W

This would all be so much easier if I didn't live in SE Iowa :cry: I may have to plan a weekend to chicago, the twin cities, Kansas City or St. Louis.

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

One other general comment on Sonus faber. Be careful with generalizations. It's my understanding that Sonus faber are not quite as warm now as they once were. My experience dates back to concert series, and they are way past that now. I think they made even the ones before Domus a little more lively than before.

But now that we lost our dealer, I'm at a loss myself on the actual signature of the sound of new Sf speakers.
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

Well... All I can say is that the Slim Devices Transporter sounds excellent when paired with a pair of JC-1 monoblocks...

Overall, I've been very pleased with my Transporter and Squeezebox solution. There is software for the Nokia 770 internet tablet to skin a hand-held remote not much unlike the Sonus. I'm definitely going to give this a try once I get around to it...

Peter
                Attached Files

Comment

• Aubi
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
                  Well... All I can say is that the Slim Devices Transporter sounds excellent when paired with a pair of JC-1 monoblocks...
                  ,and finally a pair of Cremonas.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• colinjohnson
                    • Sep 2007

:T

But I think you're mad selling your CD36...unless of course you're buying a EMC 1 UP.

Comment

• Aubi
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by colinjohnson
                      :T

But I think you're mad selling your CD36...unless of course you're buying a EMC 1 UP.
                      I,m afraid there is no way back after having "seen the light" of the squeesebox.

Comment

• colinjohnson
                        • Sep 2007

Okay, I give in.. you have a transporter....it's a fair cop!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"