X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rkburton
    • Feb 2005

OSD options

Anyone have any suggestions for a small, thin monitor to use for the OSD. Ideally I would like to mount this on the wall above my equipment rack or cable it to the coffee table next to the viewing sofa.
    I'm thinking about a screen <~10".
    I was wondering if anyone knew if the screens that are placed in the back of car headrests could be used/ modified for home use - or if there was something similar for home use.
    A combo OSD and touch screen remote would be awesome - anyone up for creating such a beast?
    Yeah, I know, the C1 has a display built in, but I've got a C2 and am unwilling to pay for the C1 just for that function.

Parasound Halo C2
    Krell 250 a/3
    Krell 250a
    Krell 250a
    B&W 801 Matrix Series 2
    B&W HTM Matrix Center
    B&W 804 (side surrounds)
    B&W 805 (rear surrounds)
    Samsung 46" 750TOC
  • ekkoville
    • Aug 2004

I have forgotten brands, but COSTCO or BJ's may well have something for you. A coworker got a decent 13" monitor from COSTCO for his in-home music studio. Not a great piece, but for OSD, you need only something basic.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Ah, rk, you took my snide remark right out of my mouth about the C1.

Yes, definitely, you can use small cheap LCD screens. I don't know if they're cheap, but auto mobile screens can be made to work fine. Most of those LCD screens will either have a RCA video input or a coax input and you can use a RCA-coax adapter. Like Erik said, you don't need anything with high video fidelity, just enough to read the screen for basic functions.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• MarkStega
        • Oct 2003

I've used the Lilliput 7" screen in a couple of applications like this -- They are inexpensive, have composite & VGA inputs, plus touchscreen.

Here they are at Logic Supply: http://www.logicsupply.com/default.php/cPath/52
        Mark Stega

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

That's perfect, Mark, if it's cheap enough for peoples' personal needs.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• ekkoville
            • Aug 2004

That's a great idea, those small auto displays. Never thought of that. I guess it depends how close you sit, but if the C1 has it, it must be legible.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"