X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

Right... the Vizio link is the one I was referring to. It did show prices on their page but now TBD.
    -Chuck

Comment

• numberoneoppa
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Chris D
      I've never been attracted to Vizios based on their performance compromises, compared to something like Samsung. But for those that want BIG, it might be worth checking out! Just remember there's factors important to TV's beyond just size!
      This. Though VIZIO is starting to pull ahead of some other manufacturers (see: SHARP). For the longest time, the thing that urked me the most about VIZIO sets was the pretty horrendous black levels. Their LED sets, I'm pretty happy to say, have solved this.

There is still a huge difference between Samsung image processors and that of every other TV I've viewed, including the top of the line current VIZIO. What is the difference? Stuttering during motion. 60Hz, 120Hz, 5-million Hz - I don't care how many bloody cps a tv refreshes at - It doesn't really matter, if something is moving fast as heck, chances are that a bit of a blur won't really upset you - though I won't complain if a TV has a fast refresh rate. When will I complain? Oh yes, when a TV cannot produce slow motion without excessive stuttering. Why is it so hard for companies to fix this issue? Even high end TVs suffer from this.
      -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• savage25xtreme
        • Dec 2008

I have been following this display on the AVS forum and it looks like Vizio is pulling the plug on its release date. I am seriously bummed out, been save a few hundred each check for it :cry:

you can save yourself a lot of reading and go to the last 3 or 4 pages.

such is life.
        Gavin

BAMTM Build

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Well that is upsetting...looks like I may have to go with my backup plan when I buy a new TV, get a cheaper 52" LED LCD and then get a FPTV.

Comment

• savage25xtreme
            • Dec 2008

Lots of people are doing just that. I think I am going to wait it out. My 62" DLP is holding up ok. When I go to my buddies house and see his LED LCD I really want to get one though, MUCH brighter and move vivid.
            Gavin

BAMTM Build

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Well, I do usually find them un-naturally bright, so I usually end up nearly turning down the backlight all the way. But other then that I think the tech is really getting good. I'd be happier with a projector anyways, 72" is awesome and all but.......nothing like 120"

Comment

• numberoneoppa
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dougie085
                Well, I do usually find them un-naturally bright, so I usually end up nearly turning down the backlight all the way. But other then that I think the tech is really getting good. I'd be happier with a projector anyways, 72" is awesome and all but.......nothing like 120"
                Yeah, I always fiddle with the settings for quite a while when somebody I know gets a new set. Must be over 98 percent of flat-screen sets that are set up poorly and could look better than they do...
                -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• savage25xtreme
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dougie085
                  maybe when they start implementing LEDs for the bulbs. 300 dollars for a bulb that last 300-500 hours bothers me, thats a dollar an hour durn near.
                  Gavin

BAMTM Build

Comment

• Ovation
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2004

My next projector will be with an LED bulb or I will move to a flat panel TV. My "man-cave" is small and my current projector screen is only 64" 16:9. A 50" flat panel TV mounted on a stand a bit closer to my chair, coupled with moving my chair forward 6 inches will give me about the same relative screen size--anything bigger would actually be an improvement in size. But I like the PQ of my homemade screen quite a bit, especially with movies, so I don't necessarily want to abandon a front pj. However, I don't want to replace another bulb at less than half its estimated lifespan, as I've recently had to do (my only complaint about my pj as I very much enjoy its PQ). So LED PJ or flat panel for me next time.

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

Well generally projector bulbs last longer then 300-500 hours.

Comment

• Ovation
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Sep 2004

True. But mine went at just under 1200 and it was supposed to last an "average" of 2500 hours. It's fine, I accepted that risk when I bought the projector. And if LED lighting for projectors was 10 years away, I might think differently. But since it is here, I hope it will be inexpensive enough when my next bulb goes to allow me to switch to one. Otherwise I might just a get a flat panel to tide me over until such projectors are reasonably affordable (to me--I know that varies for everyone).

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"