X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radim
    • Feb 2004

1098 - OSD deformation

I have a problem with my new 1098.
    Sometimes, when I start my OSD, the display screen is deformed. My dealer said, that it's a interference with other electric device or with faulty signal cable or coaxial cable.
    Has anybody the same experience ?

Thanks.
  • n33
    • Feb 2004

Yup i have exactly the same.

Happens on power on, can mostly get rid of it by browsing through the listening channels, but its annoying nontheless.
    I gonna try and get a filtered powersocket and see if that helps.

Comment

• eddyg
      • Mar 2004

Hi,

I had the same problem with a new 1098 last month, the problem came and went randomly for a couple of days, and then the stayed deformed. I had to return the unit as it was rendered useless (it wouldn't even switch sources).

When it was occuring sometimes the audio would also conk out.

I received a new 1098, and this one works fine, with exactly the same cabling. Therefore I doubt whether it is related to the cabling.

My opinion is that it is caused by boards becoming loose within the chassis, which then can cause total failure over time.

Another possibility is that it is a hardware fault with early 1098's, the one I had before my current one came with 1.1.2 preloaded. The second one came with 1.1.4 preloaded, and it has been a lot better.

Cheers, Edward.

Comment

• radim
        • Feb 2004

So It looks like HW default, said my dealer.
        I take 1098 to him tomorrow. We shall see. At first default remote control and now OSD... But my dealer is very correct, I must say.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"