X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peterc4c
    • Oct 2004

Just ordered the C1/A51 combo !!!!

Just ordered the c1/a51 combo. Can't wait till I get everything and have it installed.

the rest of the set up is going to be:

Studio Experience front projector
    90" to 100" Screen
    Martin Logan Arieus for Front
    Martin Logan Cinema for Center
    Martin Logan Fresco for Surround
    Sunfire sub
    Pronto color touchpad remote

old equipment to be upgraded later
    DVD Player. ( Waiting for the Halo DVD player )
    Direct TV HD set-top box. ( As soon as it's done. )

Can't wait Can't wait.

Peter
  • nicholtl
    • Aug 2003

That's quite an equipment list! Congrats on the combo, it'll blow you away for sure. Figuratively and literally!

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Ditto. I recently received my C2/A51 combo with Magneplanar 3.6/R & CC3 & MC1. Both the Halos and the Maggies sound great!
      To top this off, I just ordered a pair of JC1 monoblocks since I decided to expand it to a 7 channel setup. At some point I will probably want to get a Martin Logan Descent sub too. (From what I've heard, it should mate reasonably well with the Maggies).

I'm also eagerly waiting for a Halo DVD player. For now my old trustworthy Sony DVP-S7700 will have to do :

FWIW, I'm using a motorized 120" Stewart StudioTek with a JVC D-ILA projector and Vigatec scaler combo.
      Last edited by Peter Nielsen; 27 October 2004, 00:03 Wednesday.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Peter and Peter, I'm VERY curious how your systems turn out with the Maggies and Martin Logans. Please post details when you can!

Peterc4c, congrats! :banana:

Peter Nielsen, wow, you've got some good equipment there. A PAIR of JC1's? ;x( You da man...
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Peterc4c
          • Oct 2004

Peter: very very nice. I bet your system sounds amazing w/ both music and theater.

Chris: I am still waiting for the Halos to be shipped out next week. then the electricians, then the installers, It'll still be a while........ I'd say about a month before the complete theater is setup. But knowing me, I"ll be hooking them up to my arius as soon as I receive it.

Peter

Comment

• Chris CRt
            • Feb 2004

Good god, who isn't waiting for the Halo DVD player!?!?! :T Parasound, please read this board and send us one would ya? We'll be more than happy to test them out for ya! :W Or you could custom make them for us dedicated Parasound folks.

I've been waiting on this for what seems to be years now. The tease at E3 a few years ago was just cruel, as that thing was sexy!

Then, I understand they scrapped the entire D1 (I think that was the model) and started from scratch to keep up with today's technology. I was told this from both Paul and Richard, and they know that we are wanting a player badly. I was hoping to hear something from them at CEDIA, but that didn't happen either.

The last report I had from my dealer was that this new player was going to kick all kinds of ass. So, hopefully we will see, feel, hear it at E3 in January?

Comment

• nicholtl
              • Aug 2003

Do you guys feel that Parasound, as awesome a company it is, making a first-time DVD player is really gonna stack up to the likes of Denon or Pioneer Elite, who have been making them for years? I mean look at the dozens upon dozens of brands, even ranging up to ones like Lexicon, Arcam, and Krell, that make DVD players, and yet so many of them still have faults up the wazoo?

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Wow, Chris, you've got some good stuff there in your list, too.

Nicholt, I think this upcoming Halo DVD player will be in the "exotic" category like some of the others that you mentioned, not mainstream mass produced like Pioneer. On that, you're absolutely correct that we could potentially get a problematic model that carries with it lots of flaws. If there's one thing that Parasound carries as a reputation, though, it's not going to release equipment until it's as perfect as they can get it. That's probably the #1 reason in my mind that the Halo DVD player has taken this long. We'll see!
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris CRt
                  • Feb 2004

I thought the same thing, nicholtl. When I talked to Richard and Paul, they themselves even expressed that concern. That was part of the reason too why they canned the D1 (along with keeping up with newer technology). Off the record, Paul even said (JOKINGLY OF COURSE!) that they should just buy a damn Panasonic or Pioneer drive and slap it into the "silver costume" and call it a day. I thought Richard was going to slap the $hit out of him, but he was kidding, but he was also making a point that people want their DVD player and they need to react faster. Richard won't let something go that is not "perfect" in his eyes. To echo what Chris has said, I think they are going to do it right. Why release something that doesn't stack up to the competition?

I have a feeling anyways that they will probably go after the best drive they can (maybe OEM?) and do their magic on it. It's going to look sexy, and probably will be in the likes of maybe the Denon and Pioneer Elite. I'm sure they know all about those players, and probably are after to improve upon them.

The other rumor I heard, but from a good source (not to mention I think Chris mentioned it in the "Wish List" thread), but a little thing like, say, BLUE man group and RAY charles will be part of their DVD player. Now, how many of those players are out there now?

I guess we will just have to wait.

Comment

• nicholtl
                    • Aug 2003

I want the player to weigh in at 40lbs, at least. Then I'll be satisfied. =)

Comment

• bhuskins
                      • Aug 2003

FYI - Parasound's CD players were highly regarded in their time with little left to desire. Their top of the line belt drive player won tons of awards. I'm absolutely sure that they will continue this tradition and take it up a notch due to the prestige of the Halo line. You guys are going to be surprised...

Brent Huskins
                      Media Design
                      huskins@charter.net

Comment

• Chris D
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Dec 2000

Heheheee... arty: Start planning the party, people!
                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• bhuskins
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Chris CRt
                          Off the record, Paul even said (JOKINGLY OF COURSE!) that they should just buy a damn Panasonic or Pioneer drive and slap it into the "silver costume" and call it a day. I thought Richard was going to slap the $hit out of him, but he was kidding, but he was also making a point that people want their DVD player and they need to react faster.
                          Paul got that joke from me...I've told him that if he doesn't at least slap a Sony DVD into a Halo case that I would figure out a way to do it.

I have a feeling anyways that they will probably go after the best drive they can (maybe OEM?) and do their magic on it. It's going to look sexy, and probably will be in the likes of maybe the Denon and Pioneer Elite. I'm sure they know all about those players, and probably are after to improve upon them.
                          Not likely an OEM...

The other rumor I heard, but from a good source (not to mention I think Chris mentioned it in the "Wish List" thread), but a little thing like, say, BLUE man group and RAY charles will be part of their DVD player. Now, how many of those players are out there now?
                          The Blue Man Group may join up with Ray Charles just yet...you never know.

Brent Huskins
                          Media Design
                          (817)300-1223

Comment

• Peterc4c
                            • Oct 2004

got my equipment and the install started. so far, they got the projector working. and some wires installed in the walls. there have been little changes to my equipment list.
                            Halo C1
                            Halo A51
                            Infocus 7205
                            Da Lite 92" Screen
                            Martin Logan Arieus for Front
                            Martin Logan Cinema for Center
                            Martin Logan Fresco for Surround
                            Martin Logan Descent for Sub.
                            Denon 3910 DVD Player.
                            Direct-TV HD TIVO

gotta wait till nx week when they put in the dedicated power line and hook up everything. will post pics and impressions then.

Peter

Comment

• nicholtl
                              • Aug 2003

We'll be waiting eagerly...thumbs twiddling and all...

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"