X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RandyL999
    • Dec 2004

Halo equipment with Martin Logans

I've been using a Yamaha Rx-V3000 receiver as a processor with an MX-830 for the mains, and two old Amber Series 70 amps to drive the center and rear speakers. I'm using Martin Logan Theater and Ascents for the front.

Most of my use is for HT and DTS CD's at present, and upgrading to A51/C2.

Anybody had experience with ML's and Halo?

Thanks in advance for anything you can share!

Randy
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

Heard the A52 amp Im selling with some Logans at the dealer, sounded excellent. Thats the only amp they had in stock, and I fell inlove so I brought it home. I dont have ML's but from what I heard that day, Id have to say youd be pleased.

ok ML and Halo owners, get in here and reply. :B

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• Peterc4c
      • Oct 2004

I have C1/A51 combo powering arius, cinema, Frescos, and descent as sub. Absolutely love the combination.

Peter

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yup, my current system is the Halos driving Klipsch, but I think my next speaker upgrade (many moons away) will be to electrostatic speakers. Like the way they sound.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• nicholtl
          • Aug 2003

Maggies? Martin Logans? Something else?

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by nicholtl
            Maggies? Martin Logans? Something else?
            Not the same Peter. I'm Peter Magnepan :B

(My only ML component is the Descent sub - only because Magnepan doesn't make subs)

Peter

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Chris Dotur
              Yup, my current system is the Halos driving Klipsch, but I think my next speaker upgrade (many moons away) will be to electrostatic speakers. Like the way they sound.
              Did you ever audition Magnepans? They're magnetic planar, which is a totally different technology, albeit similar to electrostatic. The advantage is that the Magnepans have better bass (no need for hybrid technologies) and you don't need to plug them in the wall like 'stats. Magnepans present an easy (purely resistive) load to the amp, but they are VERY power hungry. Anything below 200W is too little...

Peter

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Well, I've listened to Martin Logans, but when I get serious about an upgrade, the first other models I'll be putting on the list with the ML's will be Magnepan. I think those two brands can deliver some great sound, but I just haven't been able to check out Maggies.

Seriously, though, any speaker upgrade for me is YEARS away. Good thing I went with the A51 and A21 instead of the A52 and A23, though!
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"