X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legion1capone
    • Oct 2008

SVSound or Martin Logan??

I have been reading online about the SVS PB12-NSD. It looks like a fantastic deal for the price and am just wondering how it compares to something like a Martin Logan Grotto or Martin Logan Depth, as I have heard the Martin Logans and like them. I listened to the B&W 610xp since it has good reviews and wasn't that impressed for movies. I want something that will give me that serious low bass when watching movies instead of just falling off.
  • ClosetSciFiGeek
    • Oct 2009

SVS versus Martin Logan Subs

I have an SVS PC Ultra and love it for movies. It is not as controlled for music though. If you want to feel an explosion there is nothing like it for the money. The Martin Logan Subs I have heard are usually of the sealed 10" variety and are really nice for music, but don't have quite the slam that I desired for movies. The SVS subs usually come with a set of expandable foam inserts for the ports in their subs this tightens up the bass and allows the sub to go even lower in frequency. I have all of the ports filled with these in my Ultra and it is a good compromise for movies and music. I am very happy with this sub. Good luck looking for one. The other option is you could build one. Subs are the easiest of all DIY speaker stuff and you could save a bundle and have a heck of a product when you are done and you could customize the finish to your room. If you have a router all you need is a good flush trim bit and you could finish the enclosure with your choice of veneer or formica.
    "You get what you Inspect, not what you Expect"
    -Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• ClosetSciFiGeek
      • Oct 2009

Just Got to Thinking

If I had it to do over again I would consider these from Parts Express:

For more Home Theater oriented(sealed/1000w rms/15" Sub/$749):

For more Music oriented(sealed/500w rms/12" Sub/$699):

"You get what you Inspect, not what you Expect"
      -Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"