X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glenee
    • Aug 2006

A Rare Combo Find

Guys as many of you know I am in the process of changing my main system to some 800D's and bigger McIntosh Mono's. I have decide to make the new sytem a 2-Channel single system. In the lul between selling the equipment I have now, and setting up for the new stuff. I decided to also make a designated HT system completely independent from the main 2-channel system. I am using some stuff from each system to do this, in short I have stumbled on to something that has a synergy, that to my ears just seems to go together. I took my B&W 805's for front left and right, my HTM3s for center and using some 650 inwalls for the rears, and a Martin Logan Depthi sub. Here's the kicker. I wanted to put all this running on a 5-Channel Amp, I was not looking for Audio bliss just HT. So I thought what the hell and ordered a XPA-5 from Emotiva $ 861.00 shipped to the door and hook all up balanced thru a McIntosh MX-135. Well my 802D's sell and my McIntosh MC501's sell. What to do in the interm. I have been using the HT system listed above for 2-Channel. I have never heard the 805's sing like that, not even when hooked up to the Mac 501's. The bass is tighter and there is just more detail out of the 805's highs, mid's, everything than I have ever heard the Depthi sub has fallen in for a perfect blend. If you are in the market for a amp for 805's at any price give this emotiva XPA-5 multi-Amp a shot. It has a 30 day return policy. But I Dont think you will be returning it. Just thought you guys should know.
    For What It's Worth,
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

I would use Electrocompaniet Nemo amps your 800D will sing like no other amos can make them sing.
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"