X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hired goon
    • Aug 2004

Tweeter tube damage on 805?

G'day,

One thing that bothers me about the 805 is the elongated tube that houses the tweeter -- it seems very vulnerable on top of the cabinet, and susceptible to damage (such as being snapped in half).

I'm thinking seriously about the 805, but the potential for damaging the tweeter housing (either by the speaker falling over, or by mischevious little hands) seems to be quite a risk.

Does anyone have any horror stories, or near misses, or has this problem never happened to anyone?

-- Geoff
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

Yes, having those delicate tweeters on top certainly is a concern when little ones are around. My policy is to always know where the little ones are. A B&W salesman once told me that his store had lost more than a few Nautilus tweeters via the kid route. If the kids want a play area, I literally block off half the room as a buffer for my 804s.

Comment

• kjell.h
      • Sep 2004

I had an accident with my newly purchased 805 signature. It was knocked over by a friend of mine and of course the tweeter flew throgh the air in many pieces.
      Currently waiting for a new one from B&W. Will probably cost me a fortune.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"