B&W Dealers with full trade-up credit in NE?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Britchie
    • Nov 2003

B&W Dealers with full trade-up credit in NE?

I noticed a post from Boston about a dealer who offers full credit on B&W Trade-ups? Anyone care to share who these dealers are and where I can find them?

If you'd like private message me so as to not get anyone in trouble. I heard many hi-end dealers have very strict distribution policies and can take away a dealership if violated.

Brad
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Most dealers will only do this if you made your initial purchase with them. Otherwise, if they will take a trade-in you won't get full value.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Britchie
      • Nov 2003

I understand that. I would expect the dealer to require you purchase the initial product from them. Even with that...This is a very good deal/investment protection. So where are these dealers?

Comment

• gostan
        • May 2003

Natural Sound in Framingham, MA offers full trade-up on B&W speakers if you purchased the original speakers from them and you double the intitial price on the new speakers and do so within three years of your original purchase date.
        Stan

Comment

• hammergjh
          • Nov 2004

Spearit Sound in Boston does the same thing. Full trade in if the speaker was purchased there and the new model is twice as expensive. I think. Talk to Ralph Spearit, he's the man at that place.

Comment

• junior77blue
            • Nov 2004

Any places in michigan that do this as well?

Comment

• DougG
              • Dec 2004

You can try www.listenup.com in Boulder/Denver, CO. They won't give you full trade in (I'm guessing), but I had talked to them about some sort of trade up and he said "let's talk". I never pursued it because I'd rather keep my old B&Ws.

Comment

• DrBoom
                • Dec 2003

Just a question, but what do they do with the speakers that they take back within 1 or more years of purchase ? (if they support the trade-up policy)
                Do they sell them as demo, or what happens with it ?

I don't know any dealer over here that does this, haven't even heard of one.

Comment

• KEF
                  • Aug 2004

Britchie -

Yep, as gostan has pointed Natural Sound in Framingham is the guy I use and have used the trade-up ploicy good for 3 years.

Cheers,
                  Keith

Comment

• gostan
                    • May 2003

DrBoom:

They give you the full value of what you paid for the trade-in speakers, but will not generally discount the new speakers you are purchasing (unless you are a super customer or are very good at arm-twisting or the art of negotiation). So, the dealer generally has made good money on the new speakers and will sell the used speakers as slightly used for about 20% off of the original list price. As we know, if the B&W speakers are fairly new they are just about broken in for primo listening.

Stan
                    Stan

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"