Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spleen21
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by kennijay
    Thanks for replying spleen21. the DropBox link does still work and I was able to download the files. Is there any thing that I need to do to the cnc file before I take to the CNC factory for cutting?
    Also I do believe now that those sidewalls may not be as bad as I thought. I'm just a little short on clamps and straps right now, but should have those soon.
    The CNC file in the dropbox link is the very file the furniture company used to cut my parts. You can use them as is, or if you prefer you can modify them how you like to suit your needs.
    In the first post of this thread where you got the file from, there are some notes on the CNC file. You certainly don't NEED to change anything but if you wanted to you could alter the things i mentioned. The only thing i would change myself would be to open up the dado grooves by about 0.1 of a mm. Of course you can always do this with some sandpaper once the parts are cut like i did.

When glueing up and clamping the walls, be sure to have some long pieces of scrap along the edges and in the middle for the straps to pull down on. This will give a really tight lamination and help avoid any gaps or hollow points along the edges or between the laminations. I made a simple clamping caul which made this easy and as far as i can tell i have no gaps at all between the layers.

Spleen

Comment

• kennijay
      • May 2016

Okay will do, Spleen. Did you do like two sheets at-a-time with the glue up or all in one go per side? What kind of glue?

Comment

• spleen21
        • Jul 2014

No i only did one sheet at a time. 6 sheets of 3mm mdf per side. With 4 sides that means i did it 24 times. I would glue and clamp each side in the morning and leave it overnight to dry before doing the next one. This is why it was so time consuming. You could try doing more than one at a time you may not get enough clamping pressure.
        After clamping it up id go back and tighten the straps again 20 mins later after all the glue had squeezed out.
        I used normal woodworking PVA.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"