X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcchap
    • Jan 2004

DM604 or CM4

Looking to upgrade my speakers for HT/stereo. Right now I have: fornts - 602's, center - LCR60, sub - 600. I want to use the 602's as surrounds, upgrade center to LCR 600. The question is what to get for fronts. I'm looking for something that can produce a decent amount of base on its own without the sub for two channel stereo. My system use is 70%music, 30%HT. I don't have too much of a problem with the sub for regular cd's but SACD's played in stereo through analog connections are lacking. I would prefer to only use the fronts w/out the sub for SACD stereo and regular CD's. My budget for the fronts is ~1500. I am looking at the DM604's or CM4. Which of these speakers would be the better choice or are there other options that I should be looking into.

Thanks for your help.

Chris
  • alkalay
    • Jun 2004

My experience and thoughts

Hi Chris,

When I was looking for new set of mains I’ve auditioned the 604’s and the CM-4’s, among others. For me the 604’s were much too bass heavy masking other stuff coming out of them. The CM-4’s sounded much more accurate and open, think clear and clean would describe them well. As you’d probably do, just take some of your music and have fun auditioning these two and others as well. If you could afford the extra $ and listen mainly to stereo you should give the 704 a try.

BTW, what's feeding those 602?

Take the time listening to different ones and enjoy the search.

Itai.

Comment

• rcchap
      • Jan 2004

Right now I am using an old HK receiver. I am in the middle of a basement remodel to accomadate a HT, game room etc. When I get the construction finished I will be purchasing my A/V gear, hopefully in the fall. I plan on Rotel 1068/1075 when the time comes. Would love to find a used 1098 but we'll see.

I'm sure the 704's are sweet. Maybe I can trade up to those later.

How will the CM's blend with the LCR for HT?

Comment

• alkalay
        • Jun 2004

CM4's and LCR

Chris,

I'm using the LCR60 S3 along with CM4's as mains. This combination works great, I find the LCR60 to be closer to the CMC than the LCR600. Drive units size and crossover freq. are the same and the size of the 60 is almost the same as the CMC's.

Itai.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"