Need Help. 603 or 604 S3 or 704?? for stereo Setup.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pramod
    • Dec 2005

Need Help. 603 or 604 S3 or 704?? for stereo Setup.

Hello Folks,

I'm in a big fix, I have B&W 602S3/600/60. and now moving away to only 2Ch Stereo setup. and luckily we have a B&W/ Rotel clearance sale in our part of the world. and I had to make a decision by tomorrow to get the best deal for which I need your help. and hoping to get help from you all wonderful experienced folks.

I'm not able to decide between 603 S3 Vs 604 S3. which is the best for 2Ch. or to go with 704 for stereo? is 704 is more sharp then 603/4, I love the sound of my 602S3's

I', getting 50% off on 603/604 display peaces in good condition, is it worth? or should ask for 55 to 60% discount at-least?

and getting 704(Maple) for 45% off and 704 Cherry @ 35% off.

those will be driven by NAD 372 Integrated.

can I post the prices here just to check from your experience that the discount I;m getting is really 45 to 50%off, I'm I allowed to do so?

Thx in advance for your insight and help and expertise.

awaiting your replys..
    Last edited by pramod; 04 April 2009, 01:30 Saturday. Reason: typo
  • pramod
    • Dec 2005

Dears,

Please Help....

Thx

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

pramod,

In terms of performance, the 704 is likely the best of those listed. Although the 603, with the FST midrange driver, may be just as good. I've had both the 600 and 700 series. I like the 700 better overall, but that is just me.

All the discounts you listed are outstanding, especially the 603 discount. 50% off is great. Unless the store is going out of business, these probably come with a full warranty.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

Steve,

The DM603S3 doesn't have an FST midrange. You're thinking of the 683.

pramod,

Steve is correct that the 704 is the best sounding speaker you listed. They are a little brighter than the 600 Series 3 speakers so make sure you listen to them before you make your decision. I will bet you will like the 704 the best of the three but it will come down to personal taste.

Eric

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by hifiguymi
          Steve,

The DM603S3 doesn't have an FST midrange. You're thinking of the 683.

pramod,

Steve is correct that the 704 is the best sounding speaker you listed. They are a little brighter than the 600 Series 3 speakers so make sure you listen to them before you make your decision. I will bet you will like the 704 the best of the three but it will come down to personal taste.

Eric

Eric,

You are correct. I was confusing the 683 with the 603S3. The 704 is definitely the best of the bunch, IMO.

Comment

• pramod
            • Dec 2005

Thanks for your replies friends,

Yeah I read in this forum that 700 series is bit brighter compares to 600 series of B&W, and for now I held myself back and gone for 603-S3, and cant wait to get them as he said that the has to get them from wear house by next week.

I'm planning then to pair them with NAD 372 integrated, I hope 150 per channel of the AMP has enough juice to drive the power hungry B&W's (IMHO) what are your thoughts on this, I like the combo of NAD and B&W so smooth and silky to my ears...

Friends please direct me to any thread on the placement of my 603's and any type which ware shared on this forum earlier, I'm sure there may be many but my search capabilities are not that good and need your help.

Best Regards Pramod.

Comment

• Briz vegas
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

700 series are only bright if your room is hard with lots of reflecting surfaces or if there is something not quite right with your system matching. If money was not an issue I would have gone with the 704, its the better speaker.
              Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
              Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"