X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

2,5 way speaker!

Hi everybody is it just me or do you guys also misses a great 2,5 way speaker like the old 704 or older models?
    I would love to see a new 704 or a CM7S2 (an CM6S2 with a woofer).

Mikael
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Surely this would be a complete clash with the CM8 for 99 percent of the customer base? It wouldn't be any smaller, all it would have is a less complex crossover but only a 2.5 way design which I would imagine wouldn't be worth the hassle. The 684 is still 2.5 way though isn't it?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Mikael
      • Aug 2007

It is not a clash with the CM8 it is a 3 way and that sounds different than a 2.5 way. Yes the 684 is a 2.5 way but with small drivers.

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Mikael
        It is not a clash with the CM8 it is a 3 way and that sounds different than a 2.5 way. Yes the 684 is a 2.5 way but with small drivers.
        It sounds different but not different enough for it to be worth making two models the same size.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
        Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"