X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewmr
    • Aug 2015

Signature 800's versus 802 Diamonds questions

Multi part question.
    What is a pair of Signature 800's worth?

How would they compare to the current version of the 802 Diamonds? I'm guessing the current 802's will sound better....

I also understand that the 800's will require as much power as I can afford (more so than the 802's):-)

Mike
  • Art Vanderlay
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by andrewmr
    Multi part question.
    What is a pair of Signature 800's worth?

How would they compare to the current version of the 802 Diamonds? I'm guessing the current 802's will sound better....

I also understand that the 800's will require as much power as I can afford (more so than the 802's):-)

Mike
    Signature 800's are a great speaker and IMHO they're better than the 802 diamonds.

The original RRP was $20k, back in 2002. They're basically a luxury version of the Nautilus 800 but word has it that the crossover uses better quality caps.

If you can find a used pair in good condition and at the right price then you can't go wrong.

Comment

• TomScrut
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Nov 2013

Is that because you don't like the diamond tweeters? I know there are people who prefer the N and Signatures to the D and Diamonds, didnt know if you were in that category.
      Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Art Vanderlay
        • Jul 2013

Actually, I don't have a preference for either tweeter. Both are excellent in my book.

I do though happen to like the overall sound from the Sig 800.

Comment

• dan87951
          • Nov 2005

A few people that I have talked to have said the sig 800 is one of the best speakers B&W has ever made. I tend to prefer the aluminum tweeter on guitar type music over the diamond which seems to gloss over the details of the guitar. A dealer in Chicago had a set of sig 800's a few years ago in tiger eye gray and I believe they sold for $8500-9000. Not bad considering they were either $24k or $25k new. I regret not picking them up.
          dan87951
          audio guru

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"