X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scanido
    • Apr 2006

Spike Kit on 802s dent hardwood?

Currently I've got my 802 Diamonds on spare pieces of carpet as I am afraid of the standard rollers denting my oak hardwood floors. So far the temporary arrangement has worked well as i can easily re-position the speakers.

I'm now at the point where i found a good permanent position for them and I want to transition them to the included rubber spike kit. But before i do, I'd like to hear from 802 owners if this configuration would dent the oak hardwood.

Thanks.
  • scanido
    • Apr 2006

So i take it the rubber spikes should be OK?

Comment

• stuofsci02
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2009

I can't comment... But I wish I had this problem
      Main System:
      B&W 801D
      Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
      Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
      Oppo BDP-105
      Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
      B&W CM7
      Emotiva UMC-1
      Emotiva UPA-2
      Oppo BDP-83SE
      Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by scanido
        Currently I've got my 802 Diamonds on spare pieces of carpet as I am afraid of the standard rollers denting my oak hardwood floors.
        It obviously depends how *hard* your floor is, but I put nice deep lines/groves in my parquet wood floor with the standard 802D rollers, so I would strongly recommend against trying them with your floor, especially if you think it might be an issue anyway! Its kinda annoying! The rubber spikes are comparatively large diameter, and pretty thick, so they should be OK. Another solution is to use a granite base (with rubber feet) under the speaker, to evenly distribute the weight.
        - Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• scanido
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by mjb
          It obviously depends how *hard* your floor is, but I put nice deep lines/groves in my parquet wood floor with the standard 802D rollers, so I would strongly recommend against trying them with your floor, especially if you think it might be an issue anyway! Its kinda annoying! The rubber spikes are comparatively large diameter, and pretty thick, so they should be OK. Another solution is to use a granite base (with rubber feet) under the speaker, to evenly distribute the weight.

Yeah, the granite base is what i heard works well from my Dealer but as far as looks go not sure if the wife would be fond of that.

The standard rollers definitely would do damage as they literally tore up the 1/4" cardboard i used when unpacking these and moving them around.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"