X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knisse
    • Jan 2015

B&W 805S vs the newer 805 Diamond

Hello everyone,

New member here, i have owned a few other speakers in the past like the Avi Adm 9.1 (great speakers by the way), and the B&W A7 model. Both where alright, but i guess i want more

My main focus right now is the B&W 805S or the new 805D. My question is basically, i can get the 805S for much much less than the 805 Diamond would set me back (less than 50%), would i miss out by purchasing the 805S over the 805D?

The price difference might be great, but considering that i might have these speakers for 10+years, then if the quality is soo much better than i would definitely consider paying extra for the 805D.

Some further info.
    I mainly listen to classic, jazz and sometimes rock (Pink Floyd, Queen of the stone age etc.), and mainly at low or medium volume, cannot remember the last time - if ever - that i used near full volume.

I welcome all inputs, but please if you want to recommend other speakers, then only other bookshelf speakers. Thanks!
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

The diamond tweeters make a massive difference IMO, and they have far better crossovers IIRC. I haven't heard the 805s to compare but the 804 Diamond is a lot better than the 804S and the 803 Diamond is a lot better to than the 803S (there is another driver there too though ) so I can presume the difference is similar with the 805.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• dan87951
      • Nov 2005

I have had both speakers and the 805S really is the bargain in this comparison. The diamond tweeter is great but on corded music I tend to prefer the sound of the aluminum tweeter from the S line and "Signature" line (805 Signature and 800 Signature). The diamond tweeter can sound a little glossed over at times. Sound is all subjective so it really depends on what you like and what you listen to so definitely try to listen to both if you can. Either way I don't think you can go wrong with a set of 805S's and with money you save get yourself a new amplifier or subwoofer.
      dan87951
      audio guru

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"