HTM4s with 805S or HTM1 signature with 805s??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesdaman
    • Apr 2008

HTM4s with 805S or HTM1 signature with 805s??

If you chose between HTM4s or HTM1 Signature which would you choose. The HTM4S can be had for £899(is this a good price??) or the HTM1 for around £1500 maybe be able to get it cheaper
  • John22614
    • Feb 2010

I would go with the HTM1 if I could afford it and had a proper place to set it. In my case I got the HTM4 because the only place for it is the upper shelf above the flat screen in my entertainment center. It is a good speaker, but does not have the depth or richness of tone the 804s has which is essentially the same as the HTM1. If you do a side by side comparison for dialogue you should notice the larger center is superior. Keep in mind, well over half the audio in a typical movie is broadcast through the center channel, so this would be a good choice to anchor your system.
    B&W 804s Mains
    B&W HTM4 Center
    Monitor Radius 180 Surrounds

Sony 46 HX929 TV
    Marantz AV 7005 processor
    Anthem MCA 30 Amp
    Panasonic 3D BluRay player

Comment

• jamesdaman
      • Apr 2008

well i went for the htm4s just bought it for £850. Now trying to get the arcam p7 if i can and use a receiver ad the decoder for hd. CM1 for the surrounds, what kind of sub can i get for around the £1000 mark. I can get a REL B2 for £999.99 is this any good?? how good is the PV1, is it worth it. My rooms 14,5 by 21

Comment

• BassThatHz
        • Jul 2006

View and compare the graphs of these subwoofers.

This website is for sale! avtalk.co.uk is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, avtalk.co.uk has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The NEW Subwoofer Tests performed by Dale Rasco.New Threads restricted to Staff only.

My current "reference" subwoofer(s) is/are dual CSS SDX-15's powered by a Crown I-Tech 8000 (Built the subwoofer boxes myself). I also still own a Velodyne HGS-10 too. Both of which were measured in these tests (as was various Rel's).

I can tell you that these graphs don't lie regarding their performance.
        Personally I would stay far away from Rel IMO.

If you don't mind me being a bit frank, some of these subwoofers are down-right disgusting and should not be called a subwoofer at all, as it gives them a bad reputation. (Yeah, some are really 'That Bad'.)

The cards are on the table and the winning-hands are visible.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"