X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digitalman
    • May 2007

ASW 4000 Subwoofer problem

I just acquired an ASW 4000 subwoofer. It powers on, I tried all inputs and i just get a low level output with a bunch of distortion. I tried every combination of all the settings. Nothing effects it.

Any thoughts?
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Wow!! Nice subwoofer.....it's a monster!

What output to it are you using from your amp/receiver ??. It looks like this unit has a lot of input options as well. Did you get the manual with it?
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• digitalman
      • May 2007

Yes it has a plethora of input combinations, i tried them all and have the same results from every one. I downloaded the manual. It is very large and weighs a ton. I can't wait to get it going for movies. I read some people complain its not very "musical" but I will only using it for movies so it will rock my theater. I guess i will need to take it to a local repair shop and hope it is not an expensive fix.

Comment

• pdmonty
        • Nov 2014

Hmmmm

Originally posted by digitalman
        Yes it has a plethora of input combinations, i tried them all and have the same results from every one. I downloaded the manual. It is very large and weighs a ton. I can't wait to get it going for movies. I read some people complain its not very "musical" but I will only using it for movies so it will rock my theater. I guess i will need to take it to a local repair shop and hope it is not an expensive fix.
        I was doing some research on this same problem and from what I can tell it sounds like the distortion is coming from a damaged or blown amp. From what I've read that's an amazing monster sub so definitely worth getting it fixed

Good luck!
        Paul...

Current Modest Equipment:

B&W 703's (MAINS)
        B&W HTM2 (CENTER)
        B&W 686's (REAR SURROUNDS)
        DS7 (SIDE SURROUNDS)
        B&W ASW750 (SUB)
        B&W AS6 (SUB)
        MARANTZ AV7701
        MARANTZ MM9000 (2) (5 CH AMPS)
        MARANTZ MM7025
        MARANTZ MA6100 (2) (MONO AMPS)
        MARANTZ UD5007 (SACD/BD/CD)
        MARANTZ CD67SE (CD)
        PANAMAX M4300-PM (POWER CONDITIONER)

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"