X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildmda
    • Jan 2009

805D vs 803s

I am trying to decide between an 805D or 803s. Any advice from anyone?
  • fozzer424
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by wildmda
    I am trying to decide between an 805D or 803s. Any advice from anyone?
    If you are able to mate the 805D with a sub, it will outperform the tower.

Comment

• TomScrut
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Nov 2013

If you can afford it, get the 805 Diamonds and use with a sub like fozzer says. I sold my 803Ss and used my SCM1s with my sub until my 802 Diamonds arrived and they were about as good. The improvements of the 805 Diamonds vs the SCM1s (more or less an N805) should make the combination superior to the 803s, presuming the sub can be integrated well
      Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

+1 805D with sub > 803S
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• TomScrut
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Nov 2013

Bear in mind you would want a good (or very good) sub or it will just sound rubbish with them. Something with a fair bit of definition
          Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• PhotoRobot
            • Feb 2005

I totally concur. Had 804S as my front mains for years. Now that I bought a sub the 805D's take the front and the clarity and articulation is night and day.

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Aerial SW-12 is a heckofa sub extremely well built, except the amp unit can sometimes require work. I'm having to send mine in soon for rebuild. It's been down for a year or two. Just quit working, going to cost me about 700 to fix it. In the meantime, powering with an external amp.

Of course, the perennial choice for musical subwoofers are REL, and have been for years. There's lots of sub alternatives, just make sure you don't make a "sub par" decision. haha
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• TomScrut
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Nov 2013

Svs and JL need looking at too if you are wanting advice on subs

Comment

• mglimabr
                  • Sep 2010

I have one pair of 805D on a small room and didnt need subwoofer.. They have a lot o bass. (For a bookshelf).

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"