What electronics for B&W Matrix 803S(2) 805 (3) and DS6 (2)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Celt16
    • Dec 2006

What electronics for B&W Matrix 803S(2) 805 (3) and DS6 (2)?

I need to upgrade my electronics for a 7.1 HT featuring all B&W - Matrix 803S fronts, Matrix 805 rears and CC, DS6 surrounds and the awesome ASW850 sub.

I'm looking at Bryston SP2, 6BSST and 9BSST,
    SP2 Adcom 7805 & a 2-ch Adcom
    Anthem D-1
    Integra RDC7
    Krell
    Classe
    Rotel

Help me narrow it down - I envision keeping speakers for ever, need at least "good" electronics, not sure I can afford GREAT.
  • Fife
    • Apr 2004

I replied to your post on Audiogon.

I too have the same vintage system as you but mine is the B&W THX one but I'm sticking with 5.2

I previously owned the 6B SST on my setup and it was good solid power and detail. I have since switched to Proceed Amps and I find the music sounds much more warm/smoother.

Im not a fan of the old Classe or Rotel models but the current models seem ok according to the new S and Diamond owners.
    It seems the old Marix series matched well with the Levinson 23.5/27.5 and Jeff Rowlands.

If you want something like Bryston but want to save money, get the new Anthem amps as they sound quite similar.

It depends it you want detail or smoothness. I find that newer speakers/amps sound much more detailed whereas models from 5 years back were much more musical or smoother sounded. Different strokes for dfferent folks.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"