X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TYE
    • Sep 2008

Thinking about upgrading

Im thinking of upgrading my current system and wanted to get your thoughts on options. I live in a large 1 bedroom condo (1200 sq ft) and the majority of what I use my system for is home theater. I do listen to music but its rare to just sit and listen, its more having it play while im around the house.

Here is my current setup:

Anthem MRX-700 a/v Processor
    Sony PS4
    B&W XT4, XTC, and XT2
    Kimber Cable
    APC S15
    Logitech Squeezbox
    Pioneer Elite Pro 151fd
    CinemaQuest Ideal-Lume Panel Light

Ive been toying with the idea of upgrading to b&w 803 diamonds and htm2 diamond up front. Yes I know I would need to get an amp to power it if i did. The question i have is given what i use the system for, would it be smarter to just move up to the CM10 and cm center 2, as my Anthem could still power that. Or would the upgrade to the cm be minimal? After using the Anthem ARC i have been very happy with how the XT have sounded in my space. I just wish to have a little more punch when watching movies, especially from the center.

Open to hearing your thoughts. Thanks.
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

I used to have the XT setup but with XT8s. I got N804s after that followed by 803Ss and both are better than the XT8s which in turn are a bit better than XT4s. I also thought the XT8 was on a par with CM9, different but on a par. Now using this convoluted method of deciding which is better than what, I think that the CM10 would be a significant upgrade, but having heard the 803 Diamond I would look to do this if I could afford it. Do not forget the 804 which is still a very good speaker and will probably be better than the CM10 in most if not all ways.

Doing a surround system in CM is a LOT cheaper than 800 series though! You would want a HTM2 really to match the 803, the HTM4 only really goes with the 805, and 805s for rears are a lot more expensive than CM1s!
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"