X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dansken75
    • Nov 2017

Need amplifier advice for B&W cm10

Hi. I am new to this forum and couldn't find the answer in other threads. I have a set of Bowers & Wilkins Cm10 speakers with the matching center CMC2 . I run this with a Yamaha receiver but I lack the full punch that I know they can deliver, the receiver is to weak. However, I've looked around for alternatives and come to a conclusion that a pure 2 or 3 way amplifier is what I want. I want to have all my equipment connected to my receiver but let an amplifier take care of only the front and center speaker via pre-outs from the receiver to the amplifier.

I've found either NAD C275bee or Emotiva XPA gen3. According to the specs it looks like they are going to do the work. But how will it sound with cm10? Does anyone here have any experience with either of them, or even both? Or what other options are there?

Thanks in advance
    Magnus
  • sgtjim57
    • Dec 2008

I have the XPA-5 Gen one driving my B & W's (600 series 3 for center and surrounds and N804's for mains) and have never had an issue with the amp. Very powerful and musical. The Gen 3's use a different typography for the amp channels so i can't speak for them.
    Sony Bravia OLED A1E 55"
    SVS SB 2000 X 2
    Denon X4000 (Looking to upgrade due to 4K, ATMOS, DTSX)
    Oppo BDP 93
    Apple TV 4K
    B & W N804 Mains
    B & W 603 Rear surrounds
    B & W LCR 600 Center
    B & W CDS6 (Not in use)
    Sony TA N77ES (Not in use)

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

B & Ws historically like lots of current. Emotiva makes some powerful amps, as has been mentioned, and NAD typically provide enough current to punch above their weight class relative to wpc ratings. ATI http://www.ati-amp.com/home.php make some very good amps, and their multi channel amps aren't weakened like most by having 3-7 channels. They make the actual amplifier inside the case of some big name amp companies. The gear they sell under their own name doesn't scrimp on power supplies, either. If wkhanna weighs in I'm hoping he remembers some of them for reference. Hey, Bill!
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"