Cambridge Audio Azur 840W sound quality in Mono ???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeiter
    • Mar 2008

Cambridge Audio Azur 840W sound quality in Mono ???

Anybody had the chance to listen to a Cambridge Amp 840w in Mono or Bridged Mono configuration, and if so, how would you rate the sound quality compared to normal stereo operation. I'm interested to know, as I heard many things about amps sounding more distorted or less clean in bridged mode. Now this amp offers the option of going mono without bridging also, so I don't know if that will change the characteristics, and yes I want that much power.
  • rudyv1
    • Mar 2007

Hello. I would love to know the answer to your question. I have an 840W and I'm thinking of bridging my amp (along with buying another one in bridge mode), but I do not want to degrade sound quality by even 1%

Thank you

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I may be wrong, so I should probably keep my mouth shut.....Dream on...

As I remember, 'bridging' a stereo or 2ch amp typically will double the distortion level.

While doubling anything sounds significant, does it really produce degradation in sound quality that you can actually perceive?

And what about the added transient response?

Would that more than make up for any perceptible 'distortion'?
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"