X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • othercvr
    • May 2013

HTM62 Center speaker

Hi all.

I'm in the process of getting a new center speaker for my ht system and was checking the htm62 that it seems is the natural partner with my B&W 684. The thing is that i haven't been able to listen it and found a few and different opinions about its performance. Currently i have a yamaha NS-310 as center speaker. Do you thing the HTM62 is a good replace for my current center speaker?.

Thank you!
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Do you listen to a lot of movies??? If you can swing it, the money will be much better spent on the HTM61 and match much better with the 684s you have.

I think the Center Channel is very important in a HT setup and you'd really miss out not getting it. Not saying the HTM62 would do you wrong... both will match (timbre matching) better than the Yamaha will...so either is really a better step I think into making the front sound stage seamless. I just think if you're going to spend the money... a little more will get you a lot more.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• othercvr
      • May 2013

Originally posted by PewterTA
      Do you listen to a lot of movies??? If you can swing it, the money will be much better spent on the HTM61 and match much better with the 684s you have.

I think the Center Channel is very important in a HT setup and you'd really miss out not getting it. Not saying the HTM62 would do you wrong... both will match (timbre matching) better than the Yamaha will...so either is really a better step I think into making the front sound stage seamless. I just think if you're going to spend the money... a little more will get you a lot more.

Hey Pewter Thank you. I think i use it 70% for music, dvd's and bluray's music concerts and 30% for movies. The thing is the htm61 doesn't fit in the av furniture that i have, only the htm62, so that is why i didn't consider the 61.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Well if it won't fit then there's not much you can do... course I would try to find a way to make it work (hence like I've done by suspending my HTM2Di from the ceiling over the TV as there's no other way at the moment for me.

The HTM61 will not give you much problem and should blend pretty seamlessly in with the rest of them.

It's basically, if you can get the 62... do it...if you can't, you won't have any issues with the 61 I don't think.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"