X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitzipurr
    • Feb 2005

Problem with adding center back speaker

Can anybody help please.

Is it possible to use one channel only on a 985 Mk2 to power a center back speaker from a 1066. I tried this today and had to turn the amp off quickly because of a horrible loud buzzing sound from the center back speaker.
    I connected the pre out CB1 on the 1066 to the surround left input on the amp and connected the speaker cables to the left hand surround speaker input on the 985. The amp functions normally perfect. I have a 991 biamped to left and right front and 993 biamped center and normal left and right surround.

Hi to all I am terrified to turn the 985 on after the experince of the above. I must have done something wrong
    but have not a clue what. Anybody in Rotel land any ideas?
    Last edited by mitzipurr; 25 March 2005, 17:07 Friday.
  • mitzipurr
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mitzipurr
    Can anybody help please.

Is it possible to use one channel only on a 985 Mk2 to power a center back speaker from a 1066. I tried this today and had to turn the amp off quickly because of a horrible loud buzzing sound from the center back speaker.
    I connected the pre out CB1 on the 1066 to the surround left input on the amp and connected the speaker cables to the left hand surround speaker input on the 985. The amp functions normally perfect. I have a 991 biamped to left and right front and 993 biamped center and normal left and right surround.

Hi to all I am terrified to turn the 985 on after the experince of the above. I must have done something wrong
    but have not a clue what. Anybody in Rotel land any ideas?
    Please help

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mitzipurr
      Can anybody help please.
      Is it possible to use one channel only on a 985 Mk2 to power a center back speaker from a 1066.
      Yes, in the 1066 speaker setup, define CB1, and no CB2
      I tried this today and had to turn the amp off quickly because of a horrible loud buzzing sound from the center back speaker.
      Make sure you used a good interconnect, and that it was fully home.
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• mitzipurr
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mjb
        Yes, in the 1066 speaker setup, define CB1, and no CB2

Make sure you used a good interconnect, and that it was fully home.

Got it! Thanks a mill I did just has you said and everything now works perfect

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"