X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nimrodasas
    • May 2011

best rear match

i have 804di with htm4di
    i think its kinda waste to take 805 di as rears cause i only use rears for affects in movies
    please can some one tell me which speaker will be good for me ?
    should i wait and buy 805 ? is it will give me more than somthing like cm?
  • Skyblue
    • Jun 2009

For movies it doesnt matter too much. Especially if you have a sub. I would simply buy a set of small used speakers and use for rears. Then you can always upgrade to 805s or what ever later.

Personally I would get 803's for fronts and use the 804s for rears, but its a money issue I guess
    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Damn. I saw the title of the thread and thought is was about a Kardashian or Jennifer Lopez.....My bad.
      Anyway , try to get speakers at or very near the sensitivity level of your fronts if you don't have a way to adjust levels with your processor or receiver. Otherwise it will mess up any hope of cleanly integrating the sound front to back. My $.02
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Skyblue
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Alaric
        Damn. I saw the title of the thread and thought is was about a Kardashian or Jennifer Lopez.....My bad.
        Personally I am a 2 channel front guy myself.. However for surround I prefer matched sets all around.
        B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• beden1
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2006

I really like my B&W XT2 speakers as surrounds with my 804Di and HTM4d. B&W no longer makes these and you will have to find in the used or demo market.

Comment

• nimrodasas
            • May 2011

i have like i said m6i its 200 V per channel and htm4diamond and 804diamond

i need 2 things to complete my setup : rear speakers and subwofer...

is anyone tried to listen to movies with 803 diamond and no sub?

is 803 diamond will be a good match to my existing system?

if 803 diamond is a replacment for subwofer
            i think i can think about it...

thanks for help

Comment

• KRC
              • Aug 2004

I use 600 S3 speakers for surround with my 703's and LCR 60 for centre fill. Am I missing anything with my set up? I don't know!! As funny as it may seem on this blog, but I do not like to keep checking other high end systems as it starts the upgrade bug. I know from research, this forum and other factors that my system is not balanced and I leave it at that, if not it would drive me crazy. From other peoples systems and comments about surround, speakers should be matching in quality, sensitivity etc etc but of course that takes money and space. A few years ago when I was developing my HT, I did go to a high end shop in Toronto, Canada and listened to a 7.1 system based on B&W and Classe (802's, HTM1 (the 802 on its side), 2 prs of scms and 2x 800 series subs and in a dedicated room) to find out what the near ultimate would be and of course this system was amazing.

To answer your question, which is kind of loaded as you do not mention a budget, room size, music/movie tastes etc but to somewhat match with your 804's I would be leaning to a used pair of 705's, used pair of scms or 805's (right now there is two pair of each for sale on Ebay). As I understand it, there is minimal information reproduced in surround but what there is you want it to be quality produced or it will ruin the effect.

my 2 cents

Kevin

Comment

• beden1
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by nimrodasas

thanks for help
                You will still need a sub or subs for HT. I have a dual sub setup in my 803D HT system and in my 804Di HT system.

Your system will be very excellent and balanced with the 803Di as mains, HTM2Di center, 804Di side surrounds and a powered sub or two.

Comment

• nimrodasas
                  • May 2011

thanks!

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

that's right Beden -> 803/di -htm2d...is a great system but the 804di, Htm4di and the 805s as rear is too a very good system.
                    Maybe nimrodasas dont' need a so "big speakers set"!??!
                    (room dimension?)

I have the 802di as front and the 805s for me are really perfect......

Style

Comment

• Rod#S
                      • Oct 2010

i have 804di with htm4di
                      i think its kinda waste to take 805 di as rears cause i only use rears for affects in movies
                      please can some one tell me which speaker will be good for me ?
                      should i wait and buy 805 ? is it will give me more than somthing like cm?
                      If you have the space and the budget I would go for another pair of 804Di's but since you indicate you are thinking that a pair of 805Di's might be a waste, see if your Dealer has a pair of 805Di's and would allow you to take them home and hook them up in the rears for a few days to see what you think. If you like what you hear then you could also do a quick experiment and swap your 804Di's with the 805Di's into the surround position and see if you hear any improvment with the 804Di's as surrounds.

I have noticed an improvement in my rears with each upgrade. My first surrounds were a pair of Technics dipoles and performed well for the money. I next upgraded to a pair of Paradigm Reference ADPv2's and the improvement in sound quality and sound projection was significant. I then went from 5.1 to 7.1 and added Paradigm Reference Studio 60v2 for my rears and having towers for the surrounds is just something that can't be beat in my opinion especially for music. After upgrading to the new 800 series Diamonds for my front three speakers (802Di and HTM2Di) I have also had to go back to a 5.1 setup and now use my Paradigm Reference Studio 100v2's for surrounds and to date those 100s are producing the best surround experience I have ever heard. I run them crossed over at 50Hz just like my 802Di's.

Just some food for thought.
                      B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• Rod#S
                        • Oct 2010

thanks for help
                        In my opinion the 803 Diamond's lower frequency range (it's very similar to my 802 Diamond) compared to the 804 Diamond is no where near that of a dedicated sub. If you are contemplating getting a pair of 803 Diamonds to serve double duty as new mains thus moving your 804 Diamonds to the surround position and handle the LFE channel then I would look at that as the first of two moves. The first being getting the better pair of mains but the second should be to get a dedicated sub down the road. If you listen to a lot of movies a good sub will blow the 803 away. My 802 Diamonds can't compete with my 2 Paradigm Reference Servo 15a's let alone my Paradigm Signature Sub 25.
                        B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• mpauline
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Rod#S
                          In my opinion the 803 Diamond's lower frequency range (it's very similar to my 802 Diamond) compared to the 804 Diamond is no where near that of a dedicated sub. If you are contemplating getting a pair of 803 Diamonds to serve double duty as new mains thus moving your 804 Diamonds to the surround position and handle the LFE channel then I would look at that as the first of two moves. The first being getting the better pair of mains but the second should be to get a dedicated sub down the road. If you listen to a lot of movies a good sub will blow the 803 away. My 802 Diamonds can't compete with my 2 Paradigm Reference Servo 15a's let alone my Paradigm Signature Sub 25.
                          I agree 100%. I bought the 803 Diamonds and I cannot imagine listening without a subwoofer especially for movies.

Comment

• nimrodasas
                            • May 2011

hey man

:t :t

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"