X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryuage
    • Feb 2007

amp good enough when I upgrade?

Wow, this forum is a money trap... I went from nothing to getting (IMO) a decent amateur home theater system... I had not a clue of what goes into one (and still am not really sure as I am still learning) and ended up with thousands of dollars going into setting one up.... within the last month or two I purchased

LG 42pc1da
    2 B&W 805's fronts
    2 B&W M-1's rears mounted
    1 B&W HTM4$ Center channel
    Yamaha RX-V2700
    B&K reference 200.5
    PS3 for games/blu-ray
    XBOX 360 for games/HD-DVD
    Monster 3600 power conditioner

Anyway due to limited space i opted for 805's but am going to move to a new location later this fall when I head to UCBerkely with a bigger amount of space... Now I was thinking of either adding 2 more 805's or adding 2 804's and moving the 805's to the rear. Will my amp be enough to produce good sound from the 804's if I so happen to go that route... and what would be better? the 4 805's or 2 and 2?

thanks
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Sorry to have drained your wallet, but congrats on the new stuff! :banana:
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• dyazdani
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

The Ref 200.5 is a pretty solid amp. I think it would be fine for a pair of 804s if you decide to go that route.

For the money, I always liked the 805s over the 804s, but that's just my preference in terms of performance vs. $$.
      Danish

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"