X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayhawk75
    • Apr 2006

Advice re 803D vs 804S + 805S Rears HT?

here is the skinny.. right now at home i am doing a side by side with 804s lr and yamaha ns1000m. current power rotel 1067. still not completly happy i am picking up a 1092 to power fronts today to do the side by side. if i am happier with the 1000 fronts i will move 804s to rear. if i am happier with 804s i will be buying 805s rears because with a 15x22x8 room i cant see 4 of any floor standers except 804 or 803 and the general thought on this forum is the best ht is the same 5 of anything. however if i am not happy with 804 vs 1000 fronts my next step would be 803 with 804 rears or 802 with 804 rears. ht is only currently 10% of listening. i guess right now ideal system for me if i like it would be 2 803 or 802 with 4 805 rears, and that way i could have some furniture in my living room too. however i do have room for 4 803 and 2 805 with the thought same speaker is better than not.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Jayhawk75,

I have split this out into a new thread to avoid confusion as the 804/805 question you have raised is different than the 802D vs 803D side by side discussion in the original thread.

Geoff

Comment

• jayhawk75
      • Apr 2006

anybody have 804s l&r with 805s rears? what for sub and center?
      anybody have 803d l&r with 804s rears? what for sub and center?

Comment

• ZX10 Guy
        • Mar 2005

I don't understand the question in your post.

But I have a 5.2 system running 4 N804s, an HTM1, Velodyne HGS15, and a Velodyne HGS12 (soon to be replaced with a DD18.) System sounds great. Extremely seemless. Bass integration is good with the subs.....will be better once I get the DD18 in my hands with the room correction.

Comment

• chinets
          • Jun 2005

I also did not understand your post,
          However, I have 803s in front and 804s for rear and HTM1 as center with 2 ASW 850 subs for HT ,and it is pure top end theatre heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never heard anything better in any cinema theatre anywere in the world!!! To have that at home is entertainment at it's best!! Hope that gives you an idea?
          Cheers

Comment

• ShadowZA
            Super Senior Member
            • Jan 2006

I have 803D's for left & right front, a matching HTM2D for centre & N804's for left & right rear duty. Sub is an ageing Paradigm PS1000 V3 (will upgrade this to either a Velodyne DD series sub or B&W 800 series sub in the next 2 years or so). Am I happy? You bet

Comment

• htsteve
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

B&W and Martin Logan

jayhawk75,

I'll answer the easier to understand 2nd question. I have N804's for LR. My center is the exceptional HTM1 and my rears are 705's (comparable to the old N805's). My sub is a Martin Logan Depth. Room size is 12 X 15 X 9. These all work together very well. I am very happy with this set-up.
              I noticed in your original post that HT is 10%. I'll assume the rest is music (2 or 5 channel). Multi channel music suggests the same speakers all the way around. If you are into 2 channel music, get the best two channel system you can afford. A great two channel system is also the foundation of a great HT system. The 1092 amp should work very well with whatever you choose for LR. However, I would suggest getting separate amplification for the center and rear(s). The 1067 is very nice, but the 800 series is designed for outboard amplifiers. Also, if you are into multichannel music, separate amp power for all channels is really a necessity.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• jayhawk75
                • Apr 2006

thanks for replies i am beginning to get the idea people can be happy mixing 800 series and the room has enough size for speakers i am looking at. so the next portion of the upgraditous will be another 1092 and 2 803d's.... i see 2 different centers being used i assume that my dealer who loves my weekly visits is correct saying that i will be more than happy with the htm2d

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"