X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gonzo4motion
    • Sep 2011

New to the forum

Hello everyone, I have been a B&W fan for a few years now, and this past weekend I had the great pleasure of picking up my very own 683's, I got a great deal from my local B&W rep.
    Previous to purchasing my 683's I had and still have a pair of 602 S3's. Ive decided to use my 602 as rears. My next purchase will be the HTM61 to complete my set. Currently my speakers are being powered by a Onkyo receiver, the TXNR808 and they sound amazing. Look forward to many more years of pleasure
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Welcome! Always good to see new members. Can't wait to read your review of the new speakers. You are gonna brag , right? :-)
    Last edited by Alaric; 06 September 2011, 04:07 Tuesday. Reason: oops
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• dukester
      • Sep 2010

Welcome, and congrats on the awesome speakers (former owner)! Let us know what you think once you get a chance to audition the 683/HTM61 combo :T
      McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• stuofsci02
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2009

Awesome... The 602 is my favorite 600 series speaker.. The 602 S2 is what got me into B&W. Nice on the 683s. They are a great performer.

Make sure to audition the HTM61. As a former 683/HTM61 owner, I caution everyone about the HTM61. IMO it was not a good performer and is the only B&W speaker I have found not to my liking.

Good Luck!
        Main System:
        B&W 801D
        Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
        Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
        Oppo BDP-105
        Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
        B&W CM7
        Emotiva UMC-1
        Emotiva UPA-2
        Oppo BDP-83SE
        Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• emig5m
          • Aug 2008

Some say a single 685 is a better choice than the HTM61. I think it's a trade-off either way (loosing the FST mid and a little efficiency with using a 685) and would probably just stick to the HTM61. I had to the plug the port and do a little other tweaking, but I felt it performed just fine with the 683 after tweaking. I even used the HTM61 briefly with the 804S. I think the main problem is the sometimes noticeable lop-sided sound from the driver arrangement. Maybe up the budget and get a CMC2? Don't forget although there's a lot of people that dislike the HTM61 there's also a lot of people perfectly happy with it. I was happy enough with mine although I could notice some of it's downfalls and a little tweaking went a long way (plugging the port and boosting the treble took away the nasally sound.) The sometimes noticeable lop-sided sound I don't think you can get rid of easily without standing it upright or maybe using a higher than normal crossover.

Comment

• londonchris
            • Sep 2011

602 S2 was the first B&W I ever saw/hears/owned too. I only had to look at it to fall in love!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"