X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

HTM61 as LCR?

Would anyone have any reservations about using 3 HTM61s in a LCR setup? I have a Salamander triple wide rack, and I am going to add the riser so I can put 3 speakers under the TV. I know the 685s and HTM61 would be the first thought, but why not use 3 HTM61? Any thoughts? THey would fit perfectly 3 across which I think would look slick.
  • Andrew M Ward
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Audiophiliac
    Would anyone have any reservations about using 3 HTM61s in a LCR setup? I have a Salamander triple wide rack, and I am going to add the riser so I can put 3 speakers under the TV. I know the 685s and HTM61 would be the first thought, but why not use 3 HTM61? Any thoughts? THey would fit perfectly 3 across which I think would look slick.
    it's a true 3 way with an FST driver...
    (can't go wrong there)

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

I sell a lot of systems using the same speaker for LCR's and recommend it whole heartedly. Quite a few of those systems were LCR600S3's. If you main focus is home theater I recommend people use the same speaker for all three front channel speakers. As good as manufacturers have gotten at voice matching centers to the standard left and right speaker, it's not the same speaker and will never sound the same. I think using three HTM61's would be great.

Eric

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"