X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nimrodasas
    • May 2011

help about 800 system

after alot of suggestion here in this forum i ordered 800 series of b&w
    i ordered 804Di with Htm4Di and m6i as integrated and just waiting to lx85 or 75.
    i have few question ..
    i think for start not to use subwofer the system is 70% movies 30% music.
    and i dont have rear speakers yet (what about pm1)? or cm1 \cm5?
    805Di seem too much
    any suggestion?
    what about cables to the speakers?
  • Charlieu
    • Oct 2008

If you are doing 70% movies, then a subwoofer should be next on your list. When I built my B&W system, I started out with the mains, added the center and then purchased the surrounds. The process took about 8 months as it took me some time to rebuild my speaker fund after each purchase. I had some other speakers and a sub that I used in the meantime to fill in the missing pieces. The sub stayed since it was a good one. When watching movies, you have to have a good sub to really get the most enjoyment out of your system.

I'd also recommend getting a second sub after you get the rest of your B&W's.

Comment

• nimrodasas
      • May 2011

any which one DB1?
      or 855 sub?
      and what about rear which are recommend

Comment

• emig5m
        • Aug 2008

I would of got the 3-way center speaker with the matching FST mids if you're doing 70% movies IMO.

Comment

• Charlieu
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by nimrodasas
          any which one DB1?
          or 855 sub?
          and what about rear which are recommend
          It doesn't have to be a B&W sub. With your movie usage, a ported sub would be good as they can go lower and really bring out the LFE in action flicks. I have a couple of JL Fathom 113's which are sealed. They do real well in movies and are excellent for music. There are a lot of good subs to choose from out there and their price is much lower than the B&W's and Fathoms. They will all work well with your B&W's and really make your movie watching experience something special.

My original surrounds were 805's. I picked up a pair of used SCMS's for surround duties and moved the 805's to rears for 7.1. The 805's were such good sounding speakers and as rear speakers weren't getting very much use, that I moved them to another room for listening to music. I'm back to 5.1 for movies. The SCMS isn't made anymore, so I would recommend the 805's. If you have to mount something on the wall, it can be done with the 805's, but it isn't pretty. Maybe something from the other B&W lines or even some of their in-walls would be better. Unless you are doing a lot of multichannel music you probably wouldn't notice a difference in sound.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"