X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fordster
    • Feb 2005

RMB-1077 overkill for sub/sat system?

For a number of reasons (space being the primary one) I'm limited to having a sub/sat system for my AV system. I'm currently thinking of upgrading the speakers and sub to a B&W MT30 package. These will be connected to my RSX-1056 which I'm very happy with. However upgraditis being what it is I'm also wondering whether adding an RMB-1077 would make a big difference on these or would it be too good for the Mini Theatres?

The spare 2 channels on the 1077 good then be used to drive my CM1s for stereo which should be an improvement of the RA-1062 I currently use.

Any thoughts?
    Dave
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Is the sub in the MT30 pkg active (powered)? If so, then you would have 3 unused channels on the 1077. I curently have my sub (ASW800) connected to the second set of pre-outs on my RC-1090 preamp.

Comment

• fordster
      • Feb 2005

Am I missing something? The sub is active so presumably is connected straight to the processor (or in my case my 1056) not to the 1077. However, the 1077 is only 7 channels (of which I'd use the L, R, C, Surround L and Surround R) so I'd only have 2 unused channels.
      Dave

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

You are right - 1077 is 7 channels, not 5 as I was eluding to. 5 ch for your HT and the leftover 2 for your mains?

Comment

• fordster
          • Feb 2005

Yeah, tha's what I was thinking. Although now I think about it I'm not sure I can do this as if I use zone 2 from my RSX-1056 I think it will still output to zone 1 at the same time. As they're both in the same room that's a problem.
          Dave

Comment

• Dmantis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2004

I don't think you need more power, I think you should look over your system and see if there is a better place to spend your money.

Dan

Comment

• fordster
              • Feb 2005

Dan, I think you're right. Perhaps I should spend the money on the kitchen, garden, bathroom and other things that need doing in the house!
              Dave

Comment

• miner
                • Mar 2005

Fordster,
                Why not just add a 2 ch amp (RB-1070/RB-1080) for your mains and use the 1056 for HT?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"