Sound Anchors

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dmm53
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 22

    #1

    Sound Anchors

    I have pair of 803S that I am struggling with as far as placement and resulting soundstage and detail. My room is such that conventional placement giving me optimal sound stage leaves the speakers 40" from side wall AND backwall, which is a problem according to everything I read. The result for me is boomy bass.

    I am restricted as far as sitting distance and really have few choiceas as far as placement due to decorating issues (ah the wife!). I can either move them further back against the wall, or buy sound anchor stands and try tightening up the bass. I was thinking about the later, but a bit concerned about the tweeter being significantly above the line of site to my ears.

    Any thoughts?
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004
    • 1216

    #2
    Dmm53,

    I use Sound Anchors under 804S's, and I like them very much. I believe the improvement in bass and soundstage more than offsets any potential issues with tweeter height. In fact, I found that every area is improved, with the bass and soundstage particularly improved.


    Hope this helps.

    Comment

    • beden1
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2006
      • 1676

      #3
      Originally posted by htsteve
      Dmm53,

      I use Sound Anchors under 804S's, and I like them very much. I believe the improvement in bass and soundstage more than offsets any potential issues with tweeter height. In fact, I found that every area is improved, with the bass and soundstage particularly improved.


      Hope this helps.
      I agree! :T

      Comment

      • iiaudio
        Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 63

        #4
        Love my N803 with Sound Anchors!!

        Comment

        • madmac
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 3122

          #5
          I'm a big believer in tweeters being at ear level for 2ch stereo.
          Dan Madden :T

          Comment

          • KRC
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2004
            • 166

            #6
            I have checked out the sound anchor web site and shows 703's in a pair which looks like they lift the speakers up by about two inches which would give enough extra height to be at ear level. Would the purchase of these for my 703's be worth while for what i would gain. The other reason that they interest me is that the 703's with their metal points are "Tippy" side to side, would the sound anchors give the speakers a firmer "Base" to sit on. What else would I gain for the money?

            Kevin

            Comment

            • BrystonFan
              Junior Member
              • Jan 2011
              • 2

              #7
              Sound Anchors :T
              I have them with my 805N and 804Di
              Just solid, they really make a difference!

              Comment

              • htsteve
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004
                • 1216

                #8
                Originally posted by KRC
                I have checked out the sound anchor web site and shows 703's in a pair which looks like they lift the speakers up by about two inches which would give enough extra height to be at ear level. Would the purchase of these for my 703's be worth while for what i would gain. The other reason that they interest me is that the 703's with their metal points are "Tippy" side to side, would the sound anchors give the speakers a firmer "Base" to sit on. What else would I gain for the money?

                Kevin
                Your 703's would absolutely have a firmer base with the Sound Anchors. My 804's are the same way. Tippy on there own, but solid on the SA's.


                Hope this helps.

                Comment

                • x43x
                  Junior Member
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 26

                  #9
                  I have Sound Anchors for my 704s and they are still tippy. There are two spikes in the front but only one in the rear. They are less tippy for sure, but still tippy.

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  • jecrab
                    M1 front speaker placement help!!!!
                    by jecrab
                    I am purchasing 5 M1 speakers and I am really excited. I have done my research with speakers and I truly feel these are great speakers for the size and sound. I want to ensure that my placement of these speakers does not diminish their sound quality, therefore I need you guys to help me out with your...
                    01 December 2010, 14:05 Wednesday
                  • brucek
                    Soundstage revisited
                    by brucek
                    I just finished listening to Sgt. Pepper's. I think it's a treat to get away from the continuously repeated homogenous mixes of today and re-experience the soundstage differences of older recordings that the likes of George Martin created years ago when they had fun with 'stereo'.

                    Most...
                    30 March 2003, 15:55 Sunday
                  • vinceb
                    Sub Placement and multiple subs (graphs)
                    by vinceb
                    After reconnecting my HE15 I have done a little experimentation with different placements and found that there is a lot to gain in my room from separating the subs. I found good interesting information on the web, specifically Nousaine's work on multiple subs and even better the Harman paper. My...
                    07 March 2009, 21:31 Saturday
                  • David Meek
                    Handy Speaker Placement "Rules"
                    by David Meek
                    Hi all,

                    Here are a couple of quick and dirty "rules" that I've used off and on for years when it comes to the initial placement of speakers in a room. They are the "Rule Of Thirds" and the "Rule Of Fifths".

                    The Rule Of Thirds is used by dividing...
                    09 April 2002, 12:54 Tuesday
                  • goffriller
                    domestic tranquility:Sound-anchors: 802Ds
                    by goffriller
                    I've decided to get the 802ds.
                    Couple of things:
                    I talked to Soundanchors on the phone about whether or not my 802n anchors will work on the 802ds. They finally concluded that it would work although I would have to take the rollers off, and also put "camper's tape" on the anchors....
                    11 February 2006, 08:32 Saturday
                  • Loading...
                  • No more items.
                  Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

                    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

                    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"