X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmm53
    • Nov 2007

Sound Anchors

I have pair of 803S that I am struggling with as far as placement and resulting soundstage and detail. My room is such that conventional placement giving me optimal sound stage leaves the speakers 40" from side wall AND backwall, which is a problem according to everything I read. The result for me is boomy bass.

I am restricted as far as sitting distance and really have few choiceas as far as placement due to decorating issues (ah the wife!). I can either move them further back against the wall, or buy sound anchor stands and try tightening up the bass. I was thinking about the later, but a bit concerned about the tweeter being significantly above the line of site to my ears.

Any thoughts?
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Dmm53,

I use Sound Anchors under 804S's, and I like them very much. I believe the improvement in bass and soundstage more than offsets any potential issues with tweeter height. In fact, I found that every area is improved, with the bass and soundstage particularly improved.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• beden1
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by htsteve
      Dmm53,

I use Sound Anchors under 804S's, and I like them very much. I believe the improvement in bass and soundstage more than offsets any potential issues with tweeter height. In fact, I found that every area is improved, with the bass and soundstage particularly improved.

Hope this helps.
      I agree! :T

Comment

• iiaudio
        • Feb 2008

Love my N803 with Sound Anchors!!

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

I'm a big believer in tweeters being at ear level for 2ch stereo.
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

• KRC
            • Aug 2004

I have checked out the sound anchor web site and shows 703's in a pair which looks like they lift the speakers up by about two inches which would give enough extra height to be at ear level. Would the purchase of these for my 703's be worth while for what i would gain. The other reason that they interest me is that the 703's with their metal points are "Tippy" side to side, would the sound anchors give the speakers a firmer "Base" to sit on. What else would I gain for the money?

Kevin

Comment

• BrystonFan
              • Jan 2011

Sound Anchors :T
              I have them with my 805N and 804Di
              Just solid, they really make a difference!

Comment

• htsteve
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by KRC
                I have checked out the sound anchor web site and shows 703's in a pair which looks like they lift the speakers up by about two inches which would give enough extra height to be at ear level. Would the purchase of these for my 703's be worth while for what i would gain. The other reason that they interest me is that the 703's with their metal points are "Tippy" side to side, would the sound anchors give the speakers a firmer "Base" to sit on. What else would I gain for the money?

Kevin
                Your 703's would absolutely have a firmer base with the Sound Anchors. My 804's are the same way. Tippy on there own, but solid on the SA's.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• x43x
                  • Sep 2007

I have Sound Anchors for my 704s and they are still tippy. There are two spikes in the front but only one in the rear. They are less tippy for sure, but still tippy.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"