• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goffriller
    • Jan 2006

domestic tranquility:Sound-anchors: 802Ds

I've decided to get the 802ds.
    Couple of things:
    I talked to Soundanchors on the phone about whether or not my 802n anchors will work on the 802ds. They finally concluded that it would work although I would have to take the rollers off, and also put "camper's tape" on the anchors. Also, the stability will not be idea. But for $750 with shipping, buying the new ones would be putting fuel on the fire. ANyone use Soundanchors and have experience with this?
    Also, I called Custtomer service at BW USA and found that although they know of Soundanchors and respect them, they had no info. THey did however suggest that I request the spikes which are free upon request with any 802d order. Has anyone compared the spikes to the SoundAnchors?
    BTW, I just bought the Clearaudio Ambian table with the Stadivarius cartrige : the sound even with the 802ns and top Spectral electronics is so ideal I can't find words for it. My business is classical music performance, too.
    In fact, I'm going for the 802ds because of their high and universal praise, not because I can hear anything wrong in my current rig.
    Goffriller
  • Mitchell
    • Sep 2004

I have purhcased stands from Soundanchore in Fla.
    I found them very knowlegeable and the product seems great. My sound improved with the bass becoming more articulate. I purchases the stands originally to reduce sound from migrating to a downstairs neighbor.
    It is hard to know if it worked but the anecdotal evidence seems to be that it has.
    Mitchell

Comment

• goffriller
      • Jan 2006

Thanks
      BUt you don't know if the 802n stands work ok for 802d?
      G

Comment

• caleb
        • Aug 2004

I would stay as far away from Sound Anchors as you can - dreadful company to deal with.

Don't give a shit about customers after they have been paid, and can't get the stands right to save their life.

Comment

• goffriller
          • Jan 2006

You had some problem with them I guess, but not me.
          I BOUGHT THE 802Ds.
          AWESOME!!!!!!
          plus, my wife isn't pissed off about it either!

Comment

• kurtholz
            • Feb 2005

me to, i bought them for my 803's, they were here the same week i ordered, the guy i talked to was very helpful with my system, gave me lots of good advice on set-up etc.

i would use them again, no hesitation

Kurt

Comment

• caleb
              • Aug 2004

Yes I notice that you guys in the States do get good treatment, try being at the arse end of the world and see what you get!

Comment

• sikoniko
                Super Senior Member
                • Aug 2003

I had sound anchors with my N804's and they made a big difference. I ordered some for my N802's, but I had to cancel the order because my wife and I decided to buy a house and I needed the money for closing costs. I plan on buying them at some point this year.
                I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• goffriller
                  • Jan 2006

My new 802Ds are not as secure as I'd like on my 802N anchors, so I'm going to drop the bucks now for the new ones. Too bad you don't live in the Boston area, because you could buy mine for $150, plus two or three guys to move my D's from the old ones to the new ones. If you have friends here to do it, we could arrange something. I don't want to lift these babies myself. Otherwise I will let my dealership handle it. I would make it attractive for them, because they gave me a courtesy deal on trading in the 802Ns for the Ds, probably because I'm a very old customer and member of the Boston Symphony.
                  I started with the r2d2 look-alike DM6s, and went then to Matrix.
                  I agree that the anchors are extremely important unless you have a super rigid floor.
                  Goffriller

Comment

• tboooe
                    • Jun 2005

are there any other option beside the sound achors that are better locking? they are bit industrial for my taste especially in comparison to the nice elegant look of the 802d. also, i think the sound anchors tilt the speakers back a bit. is there any sonic benefit to this? finally, is there a reason why people are not using the spikes furnished by b&w?

Comment

• goffriller
                      • Jan 2006

Agreed, they do compromise the visual beauty of the speakers.
                      Your other question is the exact one I raised here, and have no answer.
                      I don't want spikes on my rugs and floor though.
                      At the end of the the day, I just buy the new anchors and get used to the ok look and great sound.
                      Goffriller

Comment

• sikoniko
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Aug 2003

I sent you a PM about your 802N sound anchors. I am interested in them.
                        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• DavidB
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by goffriller
                          Agreed, they do compromise the visual beauty of the speakers.
                          Your other question is the exact one I raised here, and have no answer.
                          I don't want spikes on my rugs and floor though.
                          At the end of the the day, I just buy the new anchors and get used to the ok look and great sound.
                          Goffriller
                          Why don't you look at something like Linn Skeet which are made to protect hard floors from spikes? They are made of some kind of extremely dense material so still give the same result.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"