X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simplton
    • Oct 2004

LCR600 S3 on a Parasound HCA-750A

I recently purchased a used Rotel RB-991 to power my mains (B&W 604 S3). I had been powering those speakers with a Rotel RMB-1075. That amp also powered my center (B&W LCR600 S3) and side surrounds (B&W DM302). I had a Parasound HCA750 powering my rear surrounds. So, now that the RB-991 is powering the fronts, I've moved the rear surrounds to the the RMB-1075 along with the center and side surrounds. That leaves the HCA-750A unused.

The Parasound HCA-750 is rated at 75 watts per channel in stereo mode and 250 watts when run in bridged mono mode. My question is whether it would be worth putting my center channel (B&W LCR600 S3) on the Parasound as opposed to running it on the RMB-1075 along with the side and rear surrounds. Seems like having 250 watts behind the center would be a reasonable thing to do, I just was wondering if anyone else has experience doing this

On a side note, the RB-991 has made a HUGE improvement powering my 604S3's. They really sound great on their own amp.

Thanks,
    Raber.
    Marantz av7005 Proc.
    Oppo BDP-83
    Rotel RB-991 (mains)
    Parasound HCA750 Bridged, Mono (center)
    Rotel RMB-1075 (ss, rs)
    f, B&W DM604S3
    c, B&W LCR600S3
    ss, B&W DM302
    rs,Polk M3II
    HSU VTF-3 MK3
    APC H-15 (power conditioner)
    Display: Panny PT-AE4000 Proj. + 92" DIY Screen
  • Simplton
    • Oct 2004

So I went ahead and did it. Sounds great and I'm leaving it. It's really interesting how much cooler the Partasound runs as opposed to the Rotel.

I've got some new speaker wire showing up on Friday. So I think after that, my next upgrade would have to be speakers so it's several years out...
    Marantz av7005 Proc.
    Oppo BDP-83
    Rotel RB-991 (mains)
    Parasound HCA750 Bridged, Mono (center)
    Rotel RMB-1075 (ss, rs)
    f, B&W DM604S3
    c, B&W LCR600S3
    ss, B&W DM302
    rs,Polk M3II
    HSU VTF-3 MK3
    APC H-15 (power conditioner)
    Display: Panny PT-AE4000 Proj. + 92" DIY Screen

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"