X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blues
    • Feb 2011

B&W M-1 Bookshelf Speakers

Does anyone currently own, or had the chance to listen to the M-1's? I'm thinking of picking a pair up for surrounds. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Blues,

They are very good little speakers. I built a 5.1 system with them for my gaming rig awhile back.

As surrounds, they would be pretty good. It depends on what it up front. But if you have no surrounds today, then these would be a pretty nice place to start.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by htsteve; 15 February 2011, 22:34 Tuesday.

Comment

• Blues
      • Feb 2011

Glad to hear you liked them. I have 683's up front and used to have similar Polk floorstanders as surrounds, but now looking for something to save space and mount to the wall in back.

Comment

• dukester
        • Sep 2010

I use them as surrounds (7.1) and am quite satisfied with HT performance...and SACD is adequate. I highly recommend as long as you have good subs, and that you'll position relatively close to sweet spot. I auditioned against 685's and for the price I paid for 4 ($400) were 90% of the 685's($1200) for less than half the price so I went for it. They sound excellent for what they are but in a larger room I would think they'd leave you wanting. That said, they sound incredible and are very versatile, solidly built with ingenius cable mgmt built in for seamless aesthetics, and because they look so cool, have a very high WAF.
        McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• dukester
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Blues
          ...but now looking for something to save space and mount to the wall in back.
          They would be perfect for this application
          McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• htsteve
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Blues
            Glad to hear you liked them. I have 683's up front and used to have similar Polk floorstanders as surrounds, but now looking for something to save space and mount to the wall in back.

As dukester said, this is an excellent solution given your requirements. You will also benefit from better system syngery, as all 5 speakers will be B&W.

Comment

• Blues
              • Feb 2011

Awesome, thanks for the info everyone!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"