• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Htm2D or Htm4DI ?

Hallo,

I have Classe system with B&W 803DI as front, 805S rear and the Htm2D for center.

A lot of bluray with my Kuro 60", but in the last time the music in stereo in always more present.....

replace the Htm2D with the "little" Htm4DI? .. And who owns the new DI tweeter know that this new B&W products is very "open" in sound...
    --> is a solution that can be taken into account or not?

Please opinion and other consideration..

thx & greetings Style
  • mglimabr
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by style
    Hallo,

I have Classe system with B&W 803DI as front, 805S rear and the Htm2D for center.

A lot of bluray with my Kuro 60", but in the last time the music in stereo in always more present.....

replace the Htm2D with the "little" Htm4DI? .. And who owns the new DI tweeter know that this new B&W products is very "open" in sound...
    --> is a solution that can be taken into account or not?

Please opinion and other consideration..

thx & greetings Style
    Hello.
    I am thinking of buy HTM4Di on my travel in next month. I imagine it is a great product ( i never listened live, but i am making a lot of researches about 800 B&W central channel)... I am a B&W fan and i always wanted to have an big central speaker, but my room isnt big. so it is not necessary.. I already listened B&W 805D and 804D here in Brazil and i loved the sound.. Unfortunatly, here the costs of B&W are HUGE.. Ex: The HTM4Di here cost 7.300 dollars aprox .. The 804D is like 19.400 dollars.. So here is very, very expensive and we have to be more cautions.. So i decided to 804s... i loved the sound.... and its very cheaper.. (i paid 9.700 dollars)...

My opinion about your question: If your room is big, i think the bass will make difference on central channel... HTM2D will give more bass than 4Di... But the new diamond series give you more quality as you already know...
    If you watch a lot of movies, i think the dialogues will be enchanced... ... But with multichannel music, the impact of bass on yout HTM2D will be reduced.. The most important: If you already have the 803Di, the HTM4Di will give more balance of sound between the front speakers... Its a dificult choice..

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Style,

I'm not sure you will gain much by going to the HTM4Di. The diamond tweeter maybe improved. However, it does not have the FST midrange that the HTM2D has. Plus, the HTM4Di will be giving up in the bass department. I know the HTM2D was designed with the 803D and 802D as the partner. So to me it would be a pretty good fit for the 803Di's.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Skyblue
        • Jun 2009

Why not get the htm2di?
        B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• beden1
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2006

I would either keep the HTM2D or get the HTM2Di.

No HTM4Di, as that speaker mates better with the 804Di, IMO.

Comment

• Aiden
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by beden1
            I would either keep the HTM2D or get the HTM2Di.

No HTM4Di, as that speaker mates better with the 804Di, IMO.
            plus 1.

Comment

• dukester
              • Sep 2010

style,

i got to the point where i did not want to even use my system for HT until my center channel became more coherent with my mains, and the timbre matched. i've never heard the HTM2D but i can imagine the mismatch (however small) and how irritating it would be. although the HTM4Di does not have the FST, the Diamond tweeter for me really sets the series apart...so i can see you wanting the HTM4Di. but as discerning as you most likely are, even if you get the HTM4Di, you'll do more justice to those 803Di's with the HTM2Di...so you might as well wait until you can get into it. It really is an awesome speaker :T
              McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• ShadowZA
                Super Senior Member
                • Jan 2006

Omar, to me, the most critical speaker in a multi-channel setup is the centre speaker. This is the reason that I chose a perfectly matched setup for my frontend. My opinion regarding your setup would be to go for the HTM2Di if and when possible. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

Thank you for all "feed back". :T

Yes, I do that the "perfect match will be the Htm2DI but is too expensive and
                  in my setting I have the center speaker (SPL a part) always with nmunis db. versus the L&R...., my listing position is at 3 ca. from the center and ca. 3.5 meter from the L&R....
                  I can have a good price with B&W (thankx at my friend from Classe but too at all what I have purchased in the time at Classe group!)

for listen music "CD" not bluray I use the front & rear speaker: center set at none.
                  for the movie and bluray concert of course 5.1....

the difference between the DI and D tweeter is big if you go listen in stereo
                  (a 803D vs. a 803DI , this at exemple) in movie contest in not so evident and is not really much important but is present...

wait and buy a htm2DI? maybe is the top solution...is only a $$$ position...
                  in the next future I go in a new "loft/appartment" (Brook have the design that I have received but I can change all the wall...) = I dont have money to waste....

A new, unopen HTM1D in Black ask is present in the "magazin/stock" from Classe and I can have it at 50%! but is not my target: I think that the htm2DI will be the top solution but the Htm4DI is too a good center....(although 804I + 4DI an 3DI/2DI with the bigger htm2DI..)
                  and I'm not (well at today) so distant from the center the listen/watching music/movie ....

It's not a simply decision....

Maybe I go post the design and every opinion to changing the place of living room, bedroom,.. will be very appreciated....
                  (80m2 ca. - roof with wooden beams .. :P )

Omar_Style

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"