X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

802D or better for this...

OK, so this may not strictly be a topic for B&W, but if you think you have a "nice" setup with speakers that are at least as full range as the 802D model (or have a very good sub or two) then please listen to this track. Remember to have the volume turned up and then be prepared to be amazed.

The track is by James Blake and is called "limit to your love" and is not yet released, but will be on November 29th 2010.
    BBC radio is calling it one of the most important albums of 2010. Make your own judgment, but one thing is for sure - I have never heard a track like this one before. Nothing even comes close....

Music video by James Blake performing Limit To Your Love. © 2010 Polydor Ltd. (UK)

Enjoy!!
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Only have my laptop speakers for youtube but I can imagine the low frequency tone. Is it anything like Trent Reznor's recent hi def freebie album. He was mucking about with LF sounds on that recording. i wonder if that is still available now that I have 24/192 capability in the 2 channel setup.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Originally posted by aarsoe
      I have never heard a track like this one before. Nothing even comes close....

Please explain why. I have listened to it three times through the 1cm speakers on my laptop and the reasons aren't obvious. Presumably you are referring to the low frequencies that I cannot hear?

You have aroused my interest sufficiently to get the album after 29 November. I can only hope that my lowly 803Ds will do justice to "Limit To Your Love". I'm fairly confident that they will!

Nigel.

Comment

• stuofsci02
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by bigburner
        Please explain why. I have listened to it three times through the 1cm speakers on my laptop and the reasons aren't obvious. Presumably you are referring to the low frequencies that I cannot hear?

You have aroused my interest sufficiently to get the album after 29 November. I can only hope that my lowly 803Ds will do justice to "Limit To Your Love". I'm fairly confident that they will!

Nigel.
        Yes I have the same problem through my laptop speakers.. I am sure there is a bass line, but I can't here it at all..
        Main System:
        B&W 801D
        Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
        Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
        Oppo BDP-105
        Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
        B&W CM7
        Emotiva UMC-1
        Emotiva UPA-2
        Oppo BDP-83SE
        Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"