X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

CEDIA 2010, news, and exclusive product teasers

I've asked, and gotten an "ok" to share some emerging news here that could be of interest to Parasound users.

First, as I posted in the other thread here last week, Parasound is launching a Bypass function for the JC 2, which enables users to insert a JC 2 in a fine multichannel setup, and still achieve the finest of 2-channel capability. Even though the official press release has gone out, I haven't really seen any discussion on this yet in the internet world... interesting. Parasound will have some in stock next week to ship out. Who will be first to report how it performs?

I have a preview of the owner's manuall addition for the bypass feature, with details on how it works, but can't find a file sharing site to post it on. Will take volunteers, if anybody wants to help host it to share with others. It's about 900kb, and the max file size I can upload to the Guide here for sharing is 100 kb.

Next, we're within a few weeks of the CEDIA Expo, one of the two biggest times of the year for companies to announce product releases and development. Last year was a bad one for the industry, (and the Expo wasn't as good either, for several reasons) and Parasound did not attend. Well, although they are not exhibiting this year, Parasound staff WILL be attending, and networking with their distributors and dealers. Does this mean we'll be seeing any other new products soon, though? Apparently, YES!

A Zcd player anyone? Very cool for those of us with Z-series components, or those wanting to mount custom componentry, especially if space is at a premium and needing half-rack components. I use my "Zetup" as an office system, and this would be a perfect addition as a source, not just the Ztuner. Note that it's also an MP3 player! Currently, I use URC's top-end PSX-2 iPod dock and a MX-6000 color touch graphics remote control added onto my Zetup. I'd like to hear more about the Zcd USB connection port, how much functionality it has with MP3 players. Perhaps I could replace my PSX-2.

Might see the Zcd in October or so, maybe $400-ish.

Several of our club members here have expressed interest in the JC 3, a high-end phono pre-amp in the Halo lineup. This comes from preliminary information about the JC 3. Has been green-lighted, and hopefully it'll be out in November.

... and...

Lastly, how would you like a truly top-end audio disc player? Anyone? Hmmm.... I wonder if something might be in the works for the truly discerning. (with some extra bank rolls in their pockets)

Pretty exciting. Could there be more?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

No word on any new surround processors?
    Brad

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Sadly, no... no new processors.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• r100gs
        • May 2005

That phono preamp looks sweet!
        Jay

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"