X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xk8boy
    • Jul 2005

My thoughts on 802D with Classe M400

Okay guys,

I’ve been demo’ing the Classe’s M400 with my 802D. My intention is to provide some feedbacks to those interested. I searched the web and couldn’t find any satisfactory comments about the pairing of these two. If there're questions, I’ll try my best to answer them.

I really didn’t know what to expected of the M400s, cause I really liked the CA-5200 driving the 802Ds and in away I really wanted to hate it. It was over priced, over sized, over weight, and way over my budget.

Well, I started by I loading in the first disc (athlete’s vehicles and animals) I sat down, and thought to myself; well this does not impress me. It sounded like the 5200, but there was something different. Before I knew it I had listened to the entire album. I had not moved an inch from my seat, didn’t fidget with the remote, didn’t attempt to jump to the next track, nada, zilch. Then another thought, WOW! That was impressive, with a big smile stretched across my face.

How good is the base on the 802D? Just say I no longer use the sub with stereo music. The 802Ds are just amazing. I didn’t realise they could be driven so low and deep. The bass was controlled and never over powering, the power of the M400 kept that in checked. Okay, I’m also big fan of headphones, I have the Senn HD600 and these can have amazing details. With the M400 driving 802D, I can really start to appreciate how fine the diamond tweeters really are. Every, tinny, tiny details was present and so focus. I loved the 802D for its vocals. The 5200 did a bang up job, but with the M400, it just pushed it to another level. Joss Stone’s voice was slap-bang in the middle of the speakers, only inches away from the face.

The CA5200 with 200W is decent amp and will happily drive 90% of most speakers as well as the 802Ds. But the M400 well, that’s just a beast. For, those with 802Ds, do them some justice and feed with some power and then more.
  • ED K
    • Apr 2005

Good to hear that you are happy with the results with the M400. Having the power reserve and quality of the amps DOES make a difference. I found that the Bryston 7BSST did a similar thing for me. The 802Ds have a lot of potential hidden inside them. You need the right amp to find it and bring it out into the open.
    Enjoy
    Ed
    Those who know it all know less than those who don't

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"