• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skyblue
    • Jun 2009

Where are they? The lady di's?

I wrote this in the pictures thread. For fun

Originally posted by Skyblue
    I have personally come to believe that the 802di and the 800di does in fact not exist. They just took an old 800d and painted it black.

Further, to my knowledge only one 800di has been seen, even though the new series was known about in september. If they take about 4 months to produce 1 (the one at ces), the first pair should be ready to ship just about now.

In a couple of weeks some reviewer who got the actual pair, will declare them bright and beg b&w to return to the old line, which they will since they have a factory full of speakers they could otherwise not sell. But they CAN sell them to people waiting in line for the new, now cancelled model instead.

Tbh. I find it very hard to believe that it should take so long time to ship just one pair of 800di's over here for demo. I mean, wtf are they doing??? They launch a new series and then refuse to produce them? Is this some kind of soviet style joke? In russia you produce the speaker yourself, because there is a 10 year waiting time?

Bah
    And Jonzie replied

Originally posted by Jonzie
    I'm not sure why it has taken so long, but a friend of mine went to CES. He said that the finish of the models standing there was quite disappointing for a B&W 800 series speaker. When he went and talked to the representatives, they ended up admitting that the board of B&W was actually not satisfied with the finish.

If you look at the image (first one I saw of the speaker) where you see an 802Di in gloss black from above, find it as a .pdf and zoom in on the finish of the baffle. I tell you, that is just not good enough. All wrinkled and un-even.

Perhaps they dare not send out the more expensive 800 speakers looking like an old lady? I have since then only seen images of the 802Di on Rosewood and in very limited amounts. I have read that some people have heard them, but then it's a mystery for me why no more photos are online atm.
    And he's right. Where are the speakers? The ladies 802 and 800di. Where are the happy owners? Where are the pictures?

My dealer told me 802di would be available in february. Then march. Then may. To be deliverede in august. Possibly.

Does anyone know what is going on?
    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.
  • Freddie40
    • Jun 2009

I got my 802di on March 3rd.

Dave
    Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

Comment

• Skyblue
      • Jun 2009

Well, I mailed to dealers today. They are about 20 miles apart. One said they would have the 802di in the beginning of may. The other dealer said none would arrive before july 1st. Since they are the same chain I would have thought they got it at the same time.

But what do I know...
      B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

this same delayed release happened when the original D's were released. The big difference here is that B&W moved the plant to the UK so they are still in the process of ramping up. remember that they have to make qty to ship globally... if they make say 40 (or even 400) of one model a month, not every country will receive product right away...
        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
          • May 2008

I agree, it will take them time to get all of the models into stock worldwide...our local dealer is having a listening event Mid May and all of the new line are supposed to be there.
          Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"