X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigchief
    • Mar 2010

rear fill for HT with 802D

Okay so I am in the process of upgrading to 802D front with a HTM2D center for HT and Hifi. I don't have the space to use 803,4,5 in the rear, plus I currently have klipsch in-ceiling speakers in the middle of the room and in-wall speakers at the back of the room that will need to be repalced. Does anyone have any idea on which would be the best in ceiling B&W speakers to use that would complement the sound of 802D and HTM2D the best considering they have the diamond tweeter? I look at he dipole speaker but not found of having it hanging on the wall.
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

I use The Signature 7SE ,

I have three 802D in front, two 802S in rear and The Signature 7SE

They are outstanding
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• ryan.devry
      • Apr 2008

Any of the B&W CCM 8xx would probably work in the ceiling......And the B&W in wall are nice too....I've only listened to the signature 8s but they worked well in a custom ht room as fronts...
      Ryan
      -------------------------

Comment

• HedgeHog
        • Dec 2008

CCM818 uses a similar driver as the 800 series. And they are angled too. Musically, they blend quite nicely but I found that the height change makes multi-channel audio sound strange. E.g. the SACD of Roxy Music's Avalon has that song India where they didn't really remaster it as a 5.1 but just did a LF->C->RF->RR->LR->LF panning loop, the sound goes across then back and up and across then front and down...trippy but just weird.

It works nicely with movies though (especially those overhead fly-by sound effects). Also neat for live concert BDs as it seems the rear audience are higher up (like in a concert hall).

Cheers.
        -H
        Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
        Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
        B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
        Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
        Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"