X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigchief
    • Mar 2010

Will size matter

I really want to get the 802D, but space maybe an issuse as I posted in a earlier post. So having said that would anyone know any advantage to maybe buying the new 803ds vs buying the 802D. I assume the new 803DS are suppsoe to have better technology in them, so does anyone know if they will sound as good as an old pair of 802D.

Thanks
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

I don't think anyone can say until they audition them side by side, which as far as I know has not been done yet. Given that the 802D is not made anymore it may never be done. I think unless the test is done back to back in the same room with the same equipment everything will be subjective.

My general feeling is that the 802D should still be an improvement over the 803Di for mose. That said, room has a lot to do with it. If you don't have the space you might be better off with a smaller speaker..
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"