X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armbender
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by redbook
    Has anyone used Bryston amps with B&W speakers?
    I used a 6bsst for my current front end. Sound was very up front, bottem end was incredible, some female voices though leaned on the bright side. After switching to the Emotiva, I certainly lost a little bass up front but I have a much warmer sound which is what I was looking for..plus my SVS takes care of the missing bass....
    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• Freddie40
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by redbook
      Has anyone used Bryston amps with B&W speakers?

I have a Bryston BP26DA preamp and 4BSST2 power amp with my 802 Diamonds. All around excellent sound.

Dave
      Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

Comment

• southpaw75
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by vacwm
        southpaw how do you like your CM9? i am thinking about them

Sorry, I haven't checked this forum in a while.
        I still absolutely LOVE them. I'm powering them with an XPA-5 and recently obtained a Denon 4311 for processing. It has the new Audyssey XT 32 and I just don't know how it could get any better.
        Wait, yes I do. I'm now venturing into the DSX Wide territory. Just need to run some wire to the new spots. I'm thinking CM5's for this job. They will aesthetically and tonally match the CM9's and CMC2 center. Only problem is that they are hard to find used. I don't want to pay new if I don't have to.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"