• Oct 2007

Originally posted by hardy
    My system details are:

Speakers:
    Front left & right: 2 800 Diamond pianoblack
    Center: 1 HTM 2 Diamond pianoblack
    Surround left & right: 2 SCMS cherrywood
    Surround back left & right: 2 SCMS Cherrywood
    SUBS left & right: 2 ASW 825 cherrywood (maybe 1 DB1 soon)

Electronic:
    1 Classé SSP-800
    4 Classé CA-M400 (Biamping of the Front Speakers)
    1 Classè CA-5200

TV:
    Panasonic TH65-PZ800e

Cable:
    Preamp to Amps: In-Akustic Black&White 1302 XLR
    Amps to Speakers: In-Akustic Black&White 1302
    Sources to Preamp: In-Akustic Black&White HDMI
    Preamp to TV: In-Akustic Black&White HDMI

Hardy
    Hey Hardy! Great setup! Must sound very nice!

I have placed an order on the 800 Diamond here in Denmark, but frankly, I am not yet sure when it will arrive. I have owned 802D's, have heard the 804D's compared to the "old" 803D's and am now going all-in with the top-model.

But very few people (almost nobody) that I have been able to find online have heard the 800 Diamonds As you say yourself, recording studios have been given the speakers, but not many people have got their hands on them yet.

So can you give a description of them? Maybe how the sound have evolved from the original D series and how the balance in the 800Diamonds feels? Any unique strengths, any weaknesses?

Thanks!
    B&W 800 Diamond
    Benchmark DAC1HDR
    Lyngdorf RP-1 (external Roomperfect Processor/Equalizer)
    NAD M3 (temporary poweramp. Waiting for 4x500W AudioWatt modules)
    Rega Apollo 35yr Anniversary Edition CD Player
    Technics 1210 Vinyl Player
    NAD C445 DAB Tuner
    Pioneer PDPLX5090
    PS3

Interconnects: (DAC through RP1 to amp) TL Air1S2, (CD to DAC) Vipera Xanthina Coax, (Vinyl to Analog Pre-amp) VDH Jubilee
    Speaker cables: Oehlbach LS214
    Mains: Vipera Xanthina

Comment

• ljs1228
      • Apr 2008

Edit
      Last edited by ljs1228; 07 July 2010, 16:33 Wednesday.

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

Hi ljs1228,

the B&W signature is a great speaker but is toooo expensive.

a speaker 2 way, with a lot of bass (LF) not so easy to drive ..... keep your money.

Go with another new B&W diamond from the 804D and up you have much more.

Style

Comment

• Eliav
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by hardy
          Here are the first Pics - will send better ones soon. one of the subs is in service.
          Hardy
          Not to spoil any party here, yet, it hurts to see how NO attention was payed to room acoustics, I can assume this system sounds ~ 30% of what it should with an appropriate room acoustic treatment.
          :W
          :T Socrat

Comment

• diononiz
            • May 2011

805 Diamond help

Ladies and Gents,
            Need some help here. Recently got a chance to demo both the CM9s and 805 Diamond from local retailers. Overall I enjoyed both but there were some very noticable differneces. CM9s had a better overall balance form top to bottom with a fuller midrange. They seemed more relaxed and I found I could listen longer. 805 Diamonds had much better clarity and definintion, imaged better and just had a deeper stoundstage. I really liked them but I found them but just a bit harsh. I did adjust the placement of the speakers and since my room is a family room I couldnt move them that much. Trying to decide has been very difficult

History:

Previous Speakers were NHT 2.5i which I owned for almost 20 years
            Had purchased some Monitor Audio RX8s and Center but found them too forward sounding and returned them

Room:

Hardwood floors, 60 inch TV behind the speakers, Window to the rear of the room. The room does have echo but there is an 8X10 area rug and a leather sofa and ottoman in it. Right to the left of the listening area there is a stone fireplace. Basically the room is not the greatest for listening to music. Also, there is no way in heck my wife is going to go for any room treaatments. She would rather I spent the money on speakers.

Equipment

Marantz SR7005 Receiver
            Marantz CD5004 CD player
            Proceed HPA3 AMP
            Transparent Music link plus MM2 interconnects and speaker cable
            Monster Power HTS5100
            Velodyne HGS10 Subwoofer (Used only for Movies)
            Samsung Blu Ray Player

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• beden1
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by diononiz
              Ladies and Gents,
              Need some help here. Recently got a chance to demo both the CM9s and 805 Diamond from local retailers. Overall I enjoyed both but there were some very noticable differneces. CM9s had a better overall balance form top to bottom with a fuller midrange. They seemed more relaxed and I found I could listen longer. 805 Diamonds had much better clarity and definintion, imaged better and just had a deeper stoundstage. I really liked them but I found them but just a bit harsh. I did adjust the placement of the speakers and since my room is a family room I couldnt move them that much. Trying to decide has been very difficult

History:

Previous Speakers were NHT 2.5i which I owned for almost 20 years
              Had purchased some Monitor Audio RX8s and Center but found them too forward sounding and returned them

Room:

Hardwood floors, 60 inch TV behind the speakers, Window to the rear of the room. The room does have echo but there is an 8X10 area rug and a leather sofa and ottoman in it. Right to the left of the listening area there is a stone fireplace. Basically the room is not the greatest for listening to music. Also, there is no way in heck my wife is going to go for any room treaatments. She would rather I spent the money on speakers.

Equipment

Marantz SR7005 Receiver
              Marantz CD5004 CD player
              Proceed HPA3 AMP
              Transparent Music link plus MM2 interconnects and speaker cable
              Monster Power HTS5100
              Velodyne HGS10 Subwoofer (Used only for Movies)
              Samsung Blu Ray Player

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
              The 805Ds are nice, but IMO, and especially if you prefer a smoother less bright performance, a speaker with larger drivers is what you need to audition. I'm finding that the new 800 series speakers as a whole have tremendous clarity, but, that is also translating into brilliant sharp highs. You may want to audition speakers from Focal which tend to roll off a bit more in the highs and have a less forward soundstage.
              Focal is a French brand, world leader in high-fidelity solutions. Its 'Made in France' know-how has been recognised for more than 40 years. Enter Focal's universe.

Comment

• ljs1228
                • Apr 2008

New Purchase

Hi Everyone,

I hope that it is okay that I post this question here, forgive me if it's in the wrong spot. I am considering purchasing a PV1 and a centre channel the HTM4D for my Condo living room. I live in Canada and have been given a total price of 4200.00 CAD taxes in. Does that seem like a fair price? I believe the full retail on those with tax is 5147.00
                My front speakers are a set of the Signature Diamonds and I'm hoping that the HTM4D is a good match.
                Thanks for your advice, it is so nice to have so many knowledgeable people to bounce info off of.
                I appreciate it
                ljs1228

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by beden1
                  The 805Ds are nice, but IMO, and especially if you prefer a smoother less bright performance, a speaker with larger drivers is what you need to audition. I'm finding that the new 800 series speakers as a whole have tremendous clarity, but, that is also translating into brilliant sharp highs. You may want to audition speakers from Focal which tend to roll off a bit more in the highs and have a less forward soundstage.
                  http://www.focal.com/en/
                  Focal Utopia III are just a lot more expensive, like the sound :T
                  Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• stuofsci02
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Nov 2009

Hey Libbie,

I guess that means without tax they are quoting $3717.

I think the PV1 retails around $1500 CAD, and I figure the HTM4D is around $3000. So it looks like around 17% discount. This seems pretty good for purchasing in Canada...

Are you going for a black PV1?

Cheers,

Stuart
                    Main System:
                    B&W 801D
                    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                    Oppo BDP-105
                    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                    B&W CM7
                    Emotiva UMC-1
                    Emotiva UPA-2
                    Oppo BDP-83SE
                    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"