X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrd
    • Dec 2003

Little Monitors

Anyone have any experience with either the LM-1 or M1 speakers? I'm stuck in a situation where I need a small pair for surrounds. Yes, I realize they're not optimum for the application, but it's a stop gap measure. Fronts are 602S3, center is LCR60S3, and sub is ASW675. I'm interested in any opinions of either the LM-1 or M1 for surround duty only.
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

jrd,

I built a 5.1 system off of my PC with the M-1's Very nice speakers. Good performers. Obviously lacking in bass, but midrange and highs were refined for that size speaker.

As a temporary solution with your 600 series, they will match up decently.

I ended up selling them to someone who used them as the back four speakers in a 7.1 set-up.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• jrd
      • Dec 2003

Thanks. I've got a pair of 601S3 sitting in the box and it's killing me, but I just don't have a decent way to locate them properly in the room...

With the M1's being only 85db efficient, did you find them difficult to drive and/or did your amp/receiver run hot?

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

I use to have the M-1s as surrounds matching my 805's for a while. Nice speakers. They do open up a lot with a dedicated amp as oppose to a receiver. Yes, the M1 will work as a temp solution, but they will not come close to what the 601 S3 can do... even as surround speakers. Have you thought about getting the 600 S3s instead? They are significantly smaller than the 601s. Not as small as the M1s though.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

jrd,

As my M1's were only a few feet away from me on my desk, I never really cranked up my receiver. So heat wasn't an issue with me.

Can you build or put in a shelf for the 601's? I recall seeing a thread in here recently that showed a very nice wall mount stand that I believe could accommodate something the size of 601's. The 601's would be very nice as rear speakers and certainly a very good match with the fronts.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

B-Tech BT77. Those are the wall-mounting stands that I used when I had a 600 series HT setup. They worked very well. I still have a pair that have been in the box since 2004. If you're interested, let me know.

I know I have pictures of what it looked like wall-mounted. I'll look for them later.
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Ron526
              • Oct 2006

B-tech wall mounts

I second the B-tech mounts.
              I have 601S3s with the base plate reversed so the speakers center of gravity is closer to the support.
              To check my installation of them I hung from them-
              they are mounted into 2x4s.
              A very solid mount when installed well.
              Regards

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"