CDM9NT and LCR6S2 and LM1 - Can they form a home theater system?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BooBoo
    • Dec 2004

CDM9NT and LCR6S2 and LM1 - Can they form a home theater system?

Hi folks,

My father and I are new to the home theater systems. We recently came across a dealership who had discontinued its B&W line of speakers. They still have couple of older model of B&W speakers which they are still selling. They recommended us the following B&W speakers to form a home theater system:

Fronts: CDM9NT
    Center: LCR6S2
    Surround: LM1
    Subwoofer: We are still looking for one.

Do the CDM9NT, LCR6S2 and LM1 match each other to form a home theater system? Your advice is greatly appreciated.

BooBoo
  • JürgenW
    • Jul 2004

The CDM 9NT are very nice speakers and to use the LCR6S2 as center would do them and you no good. You should try to get the CDM CNT. Please keep in mind that the center-speaker is a very important one.

I don't know the LM1 so I can't say anything about it, but I would go for the CDM 1NT. Then all speakers would have the same sound characteristics.

Jürgen

Comment

• Miroku
      • Jul 2004

I have CDM9 NTs and I love them. I used to use a LCR600 center, but it wasnt good enough. Recently I got an HTM7 and that matches much better. If you can find a used CDM CNT that would be your best bang for the buck though.

Rear channels dont matter as much, but of course you should get something as close to your fronts as possible. CDM 1 NTs are available on the used market fairly often these days, but if you cant find or afford those, I would recommend a pair of 601 or 602 for your rears.

I would imagine you are going to get the CDM 9 NTs for a steal, and I promise you they are absolutely worth every penny. These speakers are unbeatable for the price.

You'll want some decent power for the 9 NTs as well. a good starting point for power for your whole system is a rotel rmb 1075. good luck finding what you want

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

BooBoo,

I agree with the others, especially:
        >> CDM 9T is a great foundation if you get them at the right price
        >> Get a better centre channel like the CDM CNT or HTM7
        >> Don't get the LM1s for surrounds they are not up to the CDM standards - try the CDM 1NT (seocnd hand) or the 601 and 602s or the new 705s

Re the Sub - the B&W ASW 750 is very nice and can be had in a matchign color to the CRM 9T, Alternatively try SVS with the PB12-Plus or PB12-Plus/2.. from www.svsubwoofers,com

Geoff

Comment

• BooBoo
          • Dec 2004

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your information...otherwise we might have made a bad purchase. The 601, 602s, and the 705s...they are the bookshelf speakers, right?

BooBoo

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2003

BooBoo,

Yes the 601, 602 and 705 are all bookshelf speakers

Geoff

Comment

• JürgenW
              • Jul 2004

BooBoo,

I don't want to be pushy, but I suggest to give the NT1 a try: listen to them en compare them with the other ones. If you are in for music (and not only for films) they are really good - and as I said before, match very well with the 9NT.

Jürgen

Comment

• BooBoo
                • Dec 2004

Cool....I will do that. Thank you. Happy Holidays!!!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"