X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

B&W DM600S3 vs LM1

Which speakers do you prefer for rear surround duty or even for a small bookshelf system in the home office (600S3 or LM1)? I had a pair of DM600S3's before and they sounded great for there size but the little LM1's remind me of a miniture 802 with the bubble tweeter on top, thought I might give them a shot? Please post your opinions on the two.
    dan87951
    audio guru
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

well for surrounds speakers, especially in a HT setup, you probably won't notice the difference between the 600 and LM1. But I actually briefly compared the 2 in a stereo setup, and of course the 600 sounded better, but the LM1 wasn't half bad either. I now have the DM600 that I'm using as surrounds and 700s in the front stage. If I had 800s for front stage, and cared about the aesthetics of the setup, then I probably would have gone with the LM1, because like you said, they look like a miniauture 805, but in plastic.

Comment

• dan87951
      • Nov 2005

guess not many people have heard both of these speakers...?
      dan87951
      audio guru

Comment

• Jonesy
        • Feb 2003

I haven't heard the 600's (which probably makes this response useless to you, but that the hell) but I have 4 LM1's for surrounds and can say that they tie into my 604 mains very nicely. I ran in both pair of LM1's in stereo for a bit right after I got them and was pretty impressed with their performance. I really like their detail and spaciousness as surrounds.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"